cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to a Premium Store for only $30 New Promotion Question.

Hi i got this promotion. It looks like its only for 1   month .    If i would choose a yearly subscription would it be 30 a month or  just for the  first month . It not clear on that  .     Or  for entire year ?

If i choose just month by month its just 1 i think  im assuming same for other .

And i get my invoice on the 16th what date would i have cancel this by  like the 29th?  

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Upgrade to a Premium Store for only $30 New Promotion Question.

Be Carefull!

Thats $30 for the first month then normal price afterwards.

I had a eBay rep tell me different only to call me back 5 minutes later and appologized as he told me it was $30 every month for one year.

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

I came here to ask the same question.

In years past, the promo price was only for the first month, but the way that chart is displayed, it makes it sound like $30.00 per month for a year.

I don't sell enough any more to pay the premium store price when it went up over a year ago.  However, I would be willing to pay $30.00 per month for the increased listings.

Maybe we should ask tomorrow at Wednesday's chat with ebay staff members, 1pm Pacific time/4pm Eastern time.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/bd-p/weekly-chat

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

The reduced price is good for one month. If you then want to continue at the regular price, you do nothing and it will continue automatically. If you don't want to continue, you need to cancel it by the required time.

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

And if you're on a yearly subscription, be aware that even if you cancel during the promo window it will reset your annual renewal date.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Hi all thank you for kind replies . Very good info thank you so much .If possible  could someoen ask if they extend that for a year lol    I know they wont  but wotn hurt to ask . Im sure its jsut for a month .I also would get a year .Like many others.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

If eBay really wants people to upgrade, they need to make better offers than this. This is a pathetic offer. They should at least extend the lower price for a quarter - three months. Let people test the new waters for a while - the greedy SOBs!

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@best_vintage_photos wrote:

If eBay really wants people to upgrade, they need to make better offers than this. This is a pathetic offer. They should at least extend the lower price for a quarter - three months. Let people test the new waters for a while - the greedy SOBs!

Maybe if you stopped and thought how to use the offer to your advantage instead doing the usual ebay bashing, it would occur to you that

just before the end of the promo......end all listings and relist..........that gives you another 30 days at the promo rate. 

Also, if you haven't bought shipping supplies yet, I believe you could sign up (before 9/30) and get the  higher free allowance for this quarter  and then reorder during the promo period for the higher free allowance also.  I hope to remember to ask that question during wkly chat today.  

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

This is like the free photo gallery that automatically charges after the first 30 days on GTC. It is just sneaky in my opinion. If they want to give a promotion let people have a free month and then decide to use it or not. If the product is so good people will want to stay, not have to figure out how to get out of it.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

This is their offer? If they want me to upgrade, they need to offer the $30 subscription for a YEAR, AND give me 1000 free listings per month on top of that! Oh, and...and...NO FVFs again ever! AND a free all expense paid trip to Disneyworld!

But if this is it, $30 for one month, well, OK, I might take it.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

But that would take into after Christmas ..... ebay would rather lower the price for one month and hope everyone who takes the offer forgets about cancelling when it doesn't work out.

The wording is very unclear.  Would be clearer if instead of saying "one month"  it said "per month".  Or if it is $30 for only the first month, it should say "first month".

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Did anyone ever fidn out if this can be used for a yearly ? Every month 30  or is just the first month 30 even if you sgn up for 30 .

And what date would it need be canceled by?

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@namtrag1 - I was thinking the same and was going to tell the OP "read the fine print." 

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

It's for ONE month. You have to cancel at the end otherwise you'll be billed for the full amount the next month.

Question: I activated the offer and was going to upgrade but on the pricing page the $30 price isn't there, anyone else having that issue?
You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us - Robert Louis Stevenson
Message 15 of 21
latest reply