cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates to the eBay User Agreement...

This one looks like fun:

"We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing."

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Updates to the eBay User Agreement...

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

Yep full thread on it
How will poor sellers know

Per ebay response
This applies only to fixed price listings created through the new quick listing tool. It will apply mostly to first-time and occasional sellers we've identified.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/t...

@labs118

So does that mean that they won't relist if the fixed price listing was created via the Advanced Listing form?

As the UA does not specify I think they are leaving it open to do this to any and all FP listings shoud they so choose.

Message 16 of 34
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories
To be 100% honest I would follow this thread in hopes that they answer.
They kind of slipped it into the  User agreement with no information at all & are being very vague with answers.
Something like this should be in the sellers update  & have more information in the FAQ section, not just in the UA with zero information

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/m...

Message 17 of 34
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@castlemagicmemories
To be 100% honest I would follow this thread in hopes that they answer.
They kind of slipped it into the  User agreement with no information at all & are being very vague with answers.
Something like this should be in the sellers update  & have more information in the FAQ section, not just in the UA with zero information

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/m...

OK, thanks, Labs!

Message 18 of 34
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

Yep full thread on it

Per ebay response
This applies only to fixed price listings created through the new quick listing tool. It will apply mostly to first-time and occasional sellers we've identified.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Fixed-Price-Listing-Renewals-UA-Update/t...

@labs118

So does that mean that they won't relist if the fixed price listing was created via the Advanced Listing form?

As the UA does not specify I think they are leaving it open to do this to any and all FP listings shoud they so choose.

@copper.boom

Maybe I am misinterpreting something.  It says it only applies to fixed price listings created through the new quick listing tool.  I thought that meant if you don't use the tool, as in if you use the Advanced Listing form, the automatic re-list would not apply.    

Message 19 of 34
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

Yep full thread on it

Per ebay response

@labs118

@copper.boom

Maybe I am misinterpreting something.  It says it only applies to fixed price listings created through the new quick listing tool.  I thought that meant if you don't use the tool, as in if you use the Advanced Listing form, the automatic re-list would not apply.    

@castlemagicmemories That was an eBay rep's response. That is not the text in the UA. The UA does not offer specifics, therefore leaves it open that they may say now it's only with new quick tool, but in 2 weeks they can do it to everyone and the language in the UA allows that. I think they left it vague on purpose.

Message 20 of 34
latest reply

@copper.boom wrote:

@copper.boom wrote:

@labs118 wrote:

Yep full thread on it

Per ebay response

@labs118

@copper.boom

@castlemagicmemories That was an eBay rep's response. That is not the text in the UA. The UA does not offer specifics, therefore leaves it open that they may say now it's only with new quick tool, but in 2 weeks they can do it to everyone and the language in the UA allows that. I think they left it vague on purpose.

@copper.boom

Oh, I see.  Thanks, Copper!  I wonder if there will be a way to opt out of it.  Surely there will be people who have no desire to have it automatically re-listed.  And if the seller is unaware it re-listed on its' own, that can create problems.

Message 21 of 34
latest reply

In case you're not actively reading the Summer Update forum, I am posting here, too...

POSSIBLE new way to get OOS defect. I'm referring to this as possible and supposed until this can be confirmed one way or the other by eBay.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/2017-Summer-Seller-Update-User/Policy-Updates-on-Sales-Outside-EBay/m-p...

Message 22 of 34
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Right out of the horses mouth..... 

If the item doesn't sell we will relist it for another 30 days. Once it sells or the seller cancels the item it will no longer be relisted....... Since it is in the users agreement that means its mandatory if you don't agree to the terms you can close your account.....

I feel bad for all the occasional sellers who list a few things and then forget about all the unsold items! I know quite a few who will list here and then list anything that doesn't sell somewhere else. This would mean items sold elsewhere are going to be relisted without the seller doing it and the seller is going to get an out of stock defect and negative feedback:(

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 23 of 34
latest reply

"We may automatically renew your fixed-price listings unless your listing sells out or you cancel your listing."

I think this is great news for regular sellers.  Newbies will be hit with so many unexpected fees thay will leave and never come back.  Less competition for the rest of us!

And of course those newbies will be so peeeeeeed off at eBay they won't even want to tell other folks how eBay ripped them off.  Yeah,  sure, like Trump fired Comey over the Clinton emails.  Uh huh.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 24 of 34
latest reply

I have 3 accts - a main one - one I use occasionally - and my posting ID. This relist may not bother with my main acct which is active - but it may affect my 2nd account that I don't use on a reg basis. I use that only for items that aren't a fit with the items on my main acct.

Message 25 of 34
latest reply

But do you ever use the "new quick listing tool" (whatever THAT is)?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 26 of 34
latest reply

I'm guessing it is the Simplified Selling Form, as opposed to the Advanced one, but no one seems to know for sure.

Message 27 of 34
latest reply

Kiss my a$$ ebay. You have no right to alter anything in my listings. 

Message 28 of 34
latest reply

Did I just see a 60 Day Return Policy?  Or was that always there?

It seems to me that when I was told to acheive my TRSP (Top Rated Seller Plus) that I would have to agree to 30 day returns.  It appears that this is now 60 Days small talk mention in the middle of the paragraph ????

Has it always been 60 Day Returns, and I have been asleep?  or has eBay just pooped this into the middle of the sentence and it will soon become law?

Message 29 of 34
latest reply

Thank you for the smile......
see? We're not alone. No, it isn't just you-
Message 30 of 34
latest reply