cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolicited "View" Offers

Anyone know how to turn off this annoying madness? 

1000030782.jpg

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes.  I do this on a regular basis, especially after I've been shopping around on the site.

Go to the words My Ebay at the upper right side of your screen [when you aren't in the Community].  Hover over the down arrow.  Select the second item on the Menu, Recently Viewed.  All your recently viewed items will appear.  On the upper right side there will be an icon that says CLEAR.  Click on that and they all disappear.  So will the pesky emails you get in relationship to what you have been using the search for.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Only if you don't want to receive any offers at all.  By the way, all seller-generated offers are "unsolicited."

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

check your settings "As A Buyer" here:

https://commspreferences.ebay.com/commsprefs

I think you can 'turn it off' on one of those options

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

There are two boxes that have the word 'offer" in it. They are "Offers to Buyers" and "Competing Offers".

I checked both since they seem a bit ambiguous. Should say "Buyer's Offers to Me".

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

That is why I specified "View" 😉

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

You either get offers for both items you're watching and items you've viewed, or you don't get any offers at all.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Yes.  I do this on a regular basis, especially after I've been shopping around on the site.

Go to the words My Ebay at the upper right side of your screen [when you aren't in the Community].  Hover over the down arrow.  Select the second item on the Menu, Recently Viewed.  All your recently viewed items will appear.  On the upper right side there will be an icon that says CLEAR.  Click on that and they all disappear.  So will the pesky emails you get in relationship to what you have been using the search for.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

It used to be only for items "watched". However, it now includes "views".  If one is using a smartphone to do comps, a person will naturally tap on the listing to read it (especially if you're eyesight isn't the best like mine) That is something that is relatively new in the 25-yrs I've been doing this.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

THANK YOU!!

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

IDK, if it was different, it would have been a long time ago.  I've received these type of emails for many years.  But if I clear what I've viewed they stop.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Clearing your recently viewed items doesn't have any bearing on receiving ofers for items you've viewed.  I clear my recently viewed items all the time, and still get offers on them, even if I didn't put them on my Watch List.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@pls-consignments wrote:

THANK YOU!!

Glad I could help.  I know those darn emails are annoying at best.  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

these offers are generally from sellers who are not even aware they are sending them....IF they sent offer to 'watchers' and forgot to uncheck the 'future viewers of this item" box, everytime it is viewed the offer is sent....

many times catching the unwary, uneducated seller by surprise saying they never sent that buyer an offer....

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@monica-sells wrote:

these offers are generally from sellers who are not even aware they are sending them....IF they sent offer to 'watchers' and forgot to uncheck the 'future viewers of this item" box, everytime it is viewed the offer is sent....

many times catching the unwary, uneducated seller by surprise saying they never sent that buyer an offer....

See my post above, you can avoid most of these.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I just found out about this madness the last couple days after buying something...then receiving 6 offers for the exact same thing. 

This does not create a wonderful buying experience on ebay...

Message 15 of 17
latest reply