cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive NPB

Hi. It's been awhile since I've had to file a NPB on a Buyer. Has the policy changed as far as them being able to give you a neg if you open a case against them? Thank you

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unresponsive NPB

@postingwiththis wrote:

Hi. It's been awhile since I've had to file a NPB on a Buyer. Has the policy changed as far as them being able to give you a neg if you open a case against them? Thank you

Open after 48 hours, close 96 hours later. If they do give you a neg and still don't pay the neg gets removed when the UID closes. (I think. If not you can call and have it removed) If they pay then yes they can neg you and yes it will stick unless it violates feedback policy.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

If you open a non payer claim after 2 days and close it after 4 whereby the buyer never paid you during that time, he cannot leave you feedback.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

You have 48 hours from time of sale to open a UPI case, 96 hours from that time to request your FVF and close the transaction. He will get a strike and will not be able to leave FB.

Those darn non-payers!

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

If the buyer pays before you close the case, they're allowed to leave feedback. If they don't, they won't be able to, and if they left it before the case was closed, it can/will be removed.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@postingwiththis wrote:

Open after 48 hours, close 96 hours later. If they do give you a neg and still don't pay the neg gets removed when the UID closes. (I think. If not you can call and have it removed) If they pay then yes they can neg you and yes it will stick unless it violates feedback policy.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@postingwiththis wrote:

If you open the UPI dispute yourself, they will retain the option to leave feedback, although you can appeal to have it removed if the circumstances are right. 

If you use the automated Unpaid Item Assistant (info here) to handle the UPI for you, the feedback option will be blocked when the dispute is opened, and their only option will be to pay (or not pay) at that point.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Ok, this sounds like the "old" rules I remember. Was hoping something had changed for the better but should have know with eBay, lol. I've always hated "poking a snake with a stick" so I guess a gentle message first before I open a NPB.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@postingwiththis wrote:

Ok, this sounds like the "old" rules I remember. Was hoping something had changed for the better but should have know with eBay, lol. I've always hated "poking a snake with a stick" so I guess a gentle message first before I open a NPB.

What exactly were you hoping for? To have eBay take feedback privileges away from someone who paid a couple days late?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

@postingwiththis wrote:

If you open the UPI dispute yourself, they will retain the option to leave feedback, although you can appeal to have it removed if the circumstances are right. 

If you use the automated Unpaid Item Assistant (info here) to handle the UPI for you, the feedback option will be blocked when the dispute is opened, and their only option will be to pay (or not pay) at that point.

It doesn't matter if the UPI is done manually or automatic. If a buyer does not pay after a UPI is opened (and closed) they cannot leave feedback.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

My thoughts on that is they shouldn't have bid if they didn't have the money. Sellers work hard on our listings and we expect payment, just like any other "store". You can't just go into Walmart, grab items and say "Oh, I'll be back in 6 days to pay for these". Yeah, that wouldn't go over too well. It's called being responsible.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

@postingwiththis wrote:

My thoughts on that is they shouldn't have bid if they didn't have the money. Sellers work hard on our listings and we expect payment, just like any other "store". You can't just go into Walmart, grab items and say "Oh, I'll be back in 6 days to pay for these". Yeah, that wouldn't go over too well. It's called being responsible.

Want immediate payment? Run fixed price listings, with IPR. Otherwise, learn to accept the fact that bidders often aren't around at the end of an auction. But spare me the bogus comparisons to B&M stores.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

slippinjimmy wrote: 
It doesn't matter if the UPI is done manually or automatic. If a buyer does not pay after a UPI is opened (and closed) they cannot leave feedback.

Right; my point was that if the Unpaid Item Assistant opens the UPI for you, feedback is blocked at that point.

If the UPI is opened manually, they can still leave feedback even if they don't pay (and then you have to get it removed later, etc.). The manually-opened UPI has to time out and be closed by the seller before feedback will be blocked.

Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other, I suppose...

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Like I said, don't have the money, don't bid. Doesn't matter to me if it's IPR or not. That is not an excuse to hold up a Seller's funds. You do realize that there are "buyers" that never intend to pay, right?

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Hi, here is the policy regarding unpaid items and feedback:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unpaid-item.html

Feedback cannot be left if they don't pay. Scroll down to Additional Info to see the text on when feedback can be removed or is not allowed. (Whether you use the automatic settings or open a dispute manually, feedback is not permitted.) However, if they do pay, they can leave whatever FB they want.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@postingwiththis wrote:

Like I said, don't have the money, don't bid. Doesn't matter to me if it's IPR or not. That is not an excuse to hold up a Seller's funds. You do realize that there are "buyers" that never intend to pay, right?

Yes, I do. The fact that someone doesn't pay immediately is not evidence that they never intend to pay. eBay isn't going to change the payment rules to make you happy. You've been given a solution; implement it, or don't.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply