cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a sale with a apo address...the tracking scans stopped.

I have a sale with a apo address(Army Post Office)...the tracking scans stopped shipped USPS 1st class. The Last scan recorded was in Chicago, on July 1st..... I shipped it ten days ago from California on the 27th of June. My Question...do I just patiently wait?  ....BTW; (the item is 30 dollars + 3.50 shipping.) I included a customs slip/label.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

In my experience, APO addresses have the longest delivery time of anywhere I've ever shipped to.  It's not uncommon for things sent to an APO address to take around two weeks to be delivered, so I honestly wouldn't start worrying just yet.  Chicago is where APO-addressed packages are sent to be transferred to the military planes that will fly them to their destinations; it's not at all uncommon for things to take a week or so to surface again in terms of tracking.  It's most likely on its way to its destination right now!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

That stuff ends up in huge nylon bags, on ships, hercs, etc. I could understand it not being scanned for a while. It enters the military supply system, and scanning isn't going to be a priority, but they have a good record of getting it there. It's slow, but be patient.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Yuzuha, Thank You !
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the Reply, Camps !
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You're welcome!  I've had several sales to APO addresses and in every case, while it took longer than the average international package, everything did in fact arrive just fine.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The only reason for my concern...is that I do not want eBay to give me a Defect, ding, for late delivery. First Class usually only takes 5 days or less in the USA...And I only Ship my items to the United States.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You'll be fine if you got an acceptance scan within your stated handling time.  As long as you have that, it doesn't matter how long it takes for the package to be delivered.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply