cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained sales drop, but ebay says account OK

Is anyone experiencing this?

I need your help. My business suddenly and deeply has fallen during the last 60 days. The example is using my typical business as an index of 100 and saying it went to 70 and then 35. I have sold for 16 years and NEVER seen anything like this.

I typically sell a 60% USA and 40% international mix. The international has gone to 2%. I was assured by ebay there was no problen affecting my international sales.

I contacted ebay over the course of 3 days with various departments. They all said my account was fine and there were no problems.

My stock and pricing have been nearly the same with typical ending and listing as before and competitive pricing.

Thank you for help

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Unexplained sales drop, but ebay says account OK

I am having the same problem.   I have been selling for many years and never seen a slump like this.  I usually do a $150-$300 per day in sales.  I did $12.99 yesterday and $0 today so far.   I am so frustrated.  My impressions and views are virtually nonexistant.  I have listings running almost a week with ZERO views.  I am going to call ebay and see what they tell me but I'm not expecting any help.  Predicting they will tell me everything is fine.    I will update if I get any new info.   Just wanted you to know you're not alone.   -Kelly

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Thanks Kelly :).  Just to further confirm I have had many $0 sales days too. And as I mentioned very poor sales dollar when anything does sell, maybe just a few items.

Let's hope one of us can help the others

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

eBay has been dead for the last 3 months for many sellers, you are not alone, but eBay executives have a plan, they are going to advertise on TV...........

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Thank you so much for your comments. I hope one of us can nail down a cause.
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

eBay needs to get some of those models Hardies fired when they quit making those graphic TV ads....

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

liq1000 wrote:

eBay needs to get some of those models Hardies fired when they quit making those graphic TV ads....

Smiley Very Happy   Those ads GAGGED me.  I stopped going to Hardies for anything and havn't ever been back!  lol

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

It's just an ad, I quit going to Burger King when they quit selling double's for a buck each.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

My sales are down about 25-30% this month while we have probably had a 10% or so increase in the number of products we offer.  You are definitely not alone.

While I do think eBay itself is the largest part of the problem, one of the many factors in explaining why your international sales might be taking a nosedive is due to the strength of the dollar making it more expensive for overseas buyers. 

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Pink Slime.

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

@timemachine777 wrote:

Pink Slime.

LOVE that stuff!   Smiley Very Happy   Just top it with a slice of cheese, and I'm good to go.  But I don't drink that skimmed milk with the paint additive that makes it white now instead of the watery bluish it originally was in the early days.  (I still eat microwave popcorn too, and that stuff is supposed to kill you.)  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

That was my April. It was like I dropped off the mat. Between April's figures and as of today for May my sales are up 125% over the same period last month. Now how is it possible that could happen.

Well I did analysis, spreadsheets, a lot of information to bring forward to CS. I mentioned it on the weekly chat that I was down almost 69% from the previous months sales in the middle of April.  I contacted CS and luckilybu found 1 person willing to listen to my problems. He couldn't understand it at all. He checked my store, my items and told me that there was nothing wrong with my store but there was certainly something wrong with my numbers.

He passed all my information on to IT support. That was on a Wednesday. From FridayApril 28th to Monday May 1st, I sold more than weekend than I did the entire month of of April up to the 27th. I wish I could tell you what they did. They had to have done something.  All I can suggest is to keep tracking these numbers and keep calling CS or bring it forward at the weekly chat meeting. Someone seems to be able to something, it's just we don't know what IT is?

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

No offense but we all have our ups and down's - we are all visible at different times of the months. If you're at your peak visibility in the middle of the night - you're not going to probably get many sales - whereas if you have peak visibility at 10 EST - you'll get sales on the east coast as well as on the west.

Every one can not be on the first page every minute of the day. That's why a used item will sell for $15 while my NWT item sits at $12. The buyer was able to see that used $15 item but my item was low on the visibility poll.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

No offense but we all have our ups and down's - we are all visible at different times of the months. If you're at your peak visibility in the middle of the night - you're not going to probably get many sales - whereas if you have peak visibility at 10 EST - you'll get sales on the east coast as well as on the west.

Every one can not be on the first page every minute of the day. That's why a used item will sell for $15 while my NWT item sits at $12. The buyer was able to see that used $15 item but my item was low on the visibility poll.

Down 69% to up 125%. Nope that's not ups and downs that's the biggest roller coaster in the world...lol. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

No offense but we all have our ups and down's...

No offense but give the intelligence of your audience a modicum of respect.  We are all well aware of the inherent cyclicality of business and have the capacity to distinguish between a short term fluctuation in sales due to market conditions and when there is something truly rotten in the state of Denmark as Shakespere would say. 

Message 15 of 41
latest reply