cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Claim

I have gone to the UPS website and tried to process two claims. It tells me it can't be done. How do I process a claim from UPS through eBay

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

UPS Claim

If you purchased the labels through eBay UPS makes it virtually impossible to collect. They want to attach the claim to an account number , but there isn’t one. Also, they often demand to see original packaging and this requirement means the buyer has to be involved. But the buyer has no incentive to be involved as they are being refunded through the eBay system. 

If any of this is wrong, I’ll be happy to learn otherwise. This is our experience when we tried to file a claim for damaged packages. Maybe someone else has a workaround. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

UPS Claim

No workaround. Same problem with buying UPS/Fedex through Amazon. I never purchase UPS/Fedex through amazon or ebay. Too many horror stories of sellers getting charged hundreds of dollars more for shipments. I use pirateship to purchase UPS/Fedex. I haven't had any charges to dispute or insurance claims to file, but I know others who have and were happy with how pirateship handled it. PS says: "When you use Pirate Ship, every UPS label you purchase comes with $100 of carrier liability. If you need to file a claim for a lost or damaged UPS shipment, you'll need to contact Pirate Ship customer support so we can file the claim on your behalf. You can click the button to live chat with us, or send us an email at support@..."

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

UPS Claim

It will continue to say that until the package is considered lost.. Once lost, you can file a claim. i had to go through hoops with ups to file a claim.. not a fun process at all, keep calling them and hound them.. its not made to be a simple process at all. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

UPS Claim

Instructions are given on the ebay help page for insurance:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipcover/shipping-insurance-shipcover?id=4643#USPS%20Shipping%20I...

I haven't filed a claim myself but it sounds like you need to use the same email address as your ebay account when setting up a UPS account. Note the tip highlighted in the orange box to ensure the claim payout is sent directly to you.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

UPS Claim

UPS insurance of $100.00 is a joke!  Would like to hear from anyone that has a damaged package that ever collected the advertised $100.!  Had a broken golf shaft due to the carrier bending the box which I had labled on all for sides "FRAGILE DO NOT BEND". Filed a claim and it was denied-- "IMPROPER PACKAGING" although the company never asked to inspect the Uline Club Carton nor the broken item-- just a joke to say the least! Never anticipate the item is insured if you use UPS!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply