cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to list some items but the currency is not in US Dollars, how do I change this?

How do you change the currency, all of a sudden it's not in US Dollars it's British I think.

Thank you

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Trying to list some items but the currency is not in US Dollars, how do I change this?

Somehow you havebeen listing on the UK site.

Just look up at the URL.

Where it says "ebay dot co dot uk" change it to "ebay dot com".

EASY.png

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Trying to list some items but the currency is not in US Dollars, how do I change this?

The currency is driven by the Ebay site you are posting on.  So if you want US dollars, post on the US site.  

You can't have different currencies than the site you are posting on.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yea, you may have accidentally used a sell similar option based on a listing from the UK site.  I have done that in the past and the currency shows up as £.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If you have started your listing as a "Sell Similar" as an item sold in the UK, it will automatically come up that way.

Do only "Sell Similar" for US listings. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you list on the Ebay UK site, the currency will be that of what is normal for the UK.  The same is true for any other Ebay site you create your listing on.  The currency is ALWAYS that for the country the Ebay site is for.  It can't be changed.

On the US site all listings are in US $$s.  If a buyer from a different country purchases one of your items, they MUST pay in US $$s.  There is no choice in it.

It has nothing to do with Sell Similar.  It has everything to do with what Ebay site you are posting the listing on.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@nownthen2011 

Actually, they just changed that.  I don't think that you mean where the item sold but where the item was originally listed.

In the past, if I was on .com and clicked on a listing originating on .ca and then clicked on 'sell now' or sell similar, I would be taken to .ca and my new listing would in $C.   But now if I clicked on the same listing and used the sell now/sell similar function,  the listing would stay on .com and would in be in $US.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply