cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Marketing Program Terms Updated on March 19th and my sales crashed - anyone else?

I saw the notice that Marketing Program Terms had an update on March 19.  I've been digging around anywhere trying to find out why my sales went off a cliff on Tuesday of last week - sure enough, that was March 19 when they updated the Marketing Program Terms.  Now, I've read them, and since I didn't memorize the previous Terms, I don't know what has changed, but whatever it is, it has killed my sales.  I promote maybe a quarter of my listings and prior to Tuesday I was selling at a pretty steady and expected rate, sure there were up days and down days, but nothing like my sales since Tuesday.  I'll attach the bare bones graph of my daily sales.  Just visually you can tell something changed. 

Is this Ebay once and for all forcing sellers into promoting our entire stores?  I am in pre-owned clothing, mostly athletic and activewear.  This time of year sales should be picking up, not slowing down (or nearly disappearing completely) - I've always promoted the listings in categories that make sense to promote, and I've done fine.  Steady sales, steady income, everything has been working fine.

This is a paradigm shift.  This isn't an organic slowdown or me changing anything about my inventory quality or pacing of listing.  It's a little like walking down a flat street at your normal pace then suddenly you fall off of a hidden cliff.  You weren't walking slower or faster, you thought you could see all the paramters of the street clearly, so there was no reason to change your pace or your energy expended..... and yet suddenly you've tripped and fallen to a lower level in the street you didn't even see up ahead.

I am just wondering if anyone else is out there seeing the same situation in their sales.

Graphic below:  That first very short bar after the tallest bar represents Tuesday March 19th.

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 2.59.36 PM.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay Marketing Program Terms Updated on March 19th and my sales crashed - anyone else?

I doubt this has anything to do with a change in the Marketing Program.

Last week was one of the worst weeks for eBay glitches (Tuesday to Thursday/Friday), I had zero "action" during those days and while I'm a low volume seller these days I rarely see 5 days in a row of nothing. It was back to "regular programming" over the weekend.

Since I'm low volume I regularly have a 1 - 3 days of low views but this time it was also a dip in Impressions as well as views and that is not common.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Used clothing sellers have been posting about poor sales for many weeks.

It apparently is now your turn.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No sales at all from the 15th-21st 🙄  The week before had been pretty good & as a clothing seller too, this is normally one of the 2 busiest times of year.   Though I don't think it has anything to do with Marketing Program Terms update.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Impressions for March 18 - 22 compared to previous period......

slippinjimmy_0-1711402861921.png

Although my sales go up and down, impressions are usually very steady. I don't do any Promoting on this selling account.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Yes there was some monkey business in listing and store display stuff at that time as well.  But I just think it's odd that this update kicked in on Mar 19 and things changed so dramatically in my metrics on that date, and more or less have stayed that way (with one day that was approaching normal)

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The thing is, my clothing niche typically sees increase of sales at this time of year, as things warm up.  Not drop off a cliff dramatically suddenly from one day to the next, and stay that way.  It's not like I've been seeing a gradual decline in the category.  It's like a sudden shock to the system

Message 7 of 7
latest reply