cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to list photos that are scanned but come out too small for ebay auction upload?

Hi, I have just spent a couple of hours getting these tiny photographs scanned and edited etc. to put them on ebay.  I am ready to list them but I keep getting the alert that the file is too small.   I have recropped it several times but they still won't work.  I am ending up with a lot of background and a tiny image.  I use photoshop for editing and I have tried some different settings but it still won't work.  These are the old photobooth photos that are  small to begin with.  Is there anything I can do?  Thank You!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Trying to list photos that are scanned but come out too small for ebay auction upload?

Oh my gosh!!  THANK YOU so much.  I found the setting and followed your advice and it worked.  I was so frustrated and now I can go ahead and list away!!! Thank you again

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need to resize your pics before you try to upload them.  You can do anything but resize them in the sell your item form.  Whatever program you're using to edit your pics should have a RESIZE feature.

I use IRFANVIEW (its a free photoediting program) and after I've cropped my pic, oriented it, adjusted the brightness etc. I select RESIZE and select a number equal to or greater than 500 for the first #, keep the relative proportions (that's the default) and SAVE.

That's the minimum size eBay will allow.

I use 600 for things like labels and 1200 for my other pics that show the entire object.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Oh my gosh!!  THANK YOU so much.  I found the setting and followed your advice and it worked.  I was so frustrated and now I can go ahead and list away!!! Thank you again

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

So glad it helped!

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It sure did thanks to you I am back in business.  I just finished resizing and resaving all of them so I am good to go!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply