cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get help from eBay through phone calls.

Are any other sellers out there having as much trouble as me getting help when calling ebay's 800 help line? First of all ,I can usually only call in the evening eastern time. After 9:00 pm. Recently 10-13-18 I waited over 45 minutes before anyone answered. And then I was cut off with no callback. I called back 15 min wait then cut off again 3 times total and of course when you call back you have to start completely over with a different person from the Phillipines whom quite frankly I can barely understand their English sometimes. I want to be fair though, most of the time they are quite friendly helpful and knowledgeable but not always.

Tonight it has happened again and I just have to take the time io tell someone. Not a long wait before I got a rep, then I asked  the ebay rep a very what seemed to be simple question. She could not answer and immediately put me on hold without telling me she was going to. When she came back she said she had to ask someone else and was going to put me on hold, after I had said you should tell someone before you put them on hold. I asked if she could please call me back when she found an answer.  I asked for an estimate on how long that would be and she wasn't sure. Well that was at 10:22 pm it is now nearly 12:00 am Did she mean today she would call back ? Tomorrow? next Monday? What the heck? Who can I complain to besides one of the same people I am asking  about selling issues? Isn't there someone up a notch? Some one in management needs to know. I have been trying very hard to start a store, but I just don't have the time for this, is any anyone else having these kind of problems? I mean, am I even asking in the right place?

PLEASE HELP............EXTREME FRUSTRATION..............

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Trying to get help from eBay through phone calls.

As others have commented, it is often best to first check the help pages and/or ask your question on the boards here.   I think that I have contacted ebay customer service 5 or 6 times (or less) in 10+ years as there are usually other ways of finding out the information.

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

@dhbookds

@dhbookds wrote:

Just for info.........you can also ask questions on the Ebay for Business Face Book Page........they can answer via email which may be more convenient.

BUT if it's a simple question, it could probably be answered here....

edit:  Mr. L. not directed at  you, but at the Original Poster....... I tend to just hit reply on these questions.

No problem at all ... I know some folks do that at times but typically if one reads the post they know who its directed to ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 20
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, When I wrote the note on community It was late, I was tired, and it had just happened again ( being hung up on and no promised return call) so a little angry also. I Work from an older iPad so I was trying to save on stylus strokes and didn't really see the question as the issue.... But if you want to know what it was, 

here it is...........How do you contact or rather look at a buyers ebay profile from the offers page ? And that's it!..... And also forgot to put in the community note, she told me that this particular buyer was not even in the ebay system as a buyer or a seller, which is total nonsense since I had already been offer/counter offering on the price of an item with the buyer............ Any way all is well, another ebay agent located in the Philippines answered that question and several others with kindness and lots of ebay knowledge!,!!!

Message 18 of 20
latest reply

The last call to ebay that we made took two hours.  If you beat that time your not doing to bad.  Best regards

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

I'm not sure if the message I just wrote actually posted. This is somethings I forgot to add. It was A "real question " I needed an answer to. Who has time to ask reps questions to just get the answer that they want to hear? I certainly don't. 

Message 20 of 20
latest reply