cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True? One case w/o resolution and TRS is gone?

Can someone tell me if my math is right: Dashboard says TRS standard is defect rate less than 0.3%. I had 270 transactions in last 12 months.

0.003 x 270 = 0.83

Does this mean that for me (and any other seller with fewer than 300 transactions per 12 months), that it is one strike, you're out?.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

NOT true!

It takes a minimum of 3 cases

Sellers can have a maximum of 0.3% of eBay Money Back Guarantee and PayPal Purchase Protection cases closed without seller resolution over the most recent evaluation period. This percentage doesn't affect you until you have 3 or more cases closed without seller resolution in an evaluation period. If you exceed 0.3% of cases closed without seller resolution and have 3 cases closed without seller resolution, your seller level will become Below Standard, even if you’re a Top Rated Seller.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Your math should be 1 /270 = .0037 or .37%

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

NOT true!

It takes a minimum of 3 cases

Sellers can have a maximum of 0.3% of eBay Money Back Guarantee and PayPal Purchase Protection cases closed without seller resolution over the most recent evaluation period. This percentage doesn't affect you until you have 3 or more cases closed without seller resolution in an evaluation period. If you exceed 0.3% of cases closed without seller resolution and have 3 cases closed without seller resolution, your seller level will become Below Standard, even if you’re a Top Rated Seller.

That is only true if you have no other problems like improper cancels, late shipping, or pulled listings.

AND there are always ebay's hidden policies that can and will take a seller out with no notice.

TRS is a tightrope running through a minefield, good luck with that.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. Yes that works too. That is more than 0.3%.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I remembered the threshold of 3 but didn't see it on the page. Thought I might have missed an update. Thank you so much.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply