cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to cancel my ebay account completely but they wont allow

Did you know if you are below standard eBay won't let you cancel your account the same thing if its suspended? Why can't I just completely leave eBay now that they suspended me and I can't sell here? 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Because they are afraid some of your recent sales may go bad..............buyers wanting to return, etc.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

check Ebay help for closing your account.

You will have to do a formal request, will have a waiting period to make sure no future issues or claims, and then it can be closed.

You will probably have a 6 month wait.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

"Why can't I just completely leave ..."

You can. Sign out and don't sign back in again. Delete your browser history, saved passwords, bookmarks, cookies, etc. related to this site.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@pauliesthriftshop2016 wrote:

Did you know if you are below standard eBay won't let you cancel your account the same thing if its suspended? Why can't I just completely leave eBay now that they suspended me and I can't sell here? 

Believe there is an exist process...can't just quit...inch worm one step out like coming aboard a process.  Google How to cancel eBay store...something should come up to give you proper directions.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Already googled how. EBay's rules say I'm not allowed to cancel if suspended or below standard and I am both over defects I can't dispute. all the defects were for out of stock I cancelled and have no way to dispute.  

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

No need to do any general web searches for information. The Help Pages here have all the information needed. Or somebody here on the boards will.

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/home

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

This information is in ebay policies:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/closing-account.html

Since you are suspended, it states you can't close the account until all issues are resolved.  So there will be a waiting period to make sure you have paid all fees, no returns, etc. before you can close.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

TRY these three links...

how to

account closing-account

close store

Read and follow directions exactly, should take up to 6 months and you'll be expunged from their records. 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

don't ever use ebay fraud
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep...everything chrysylys said. Plus I would remove the link between your Ebay account and Paypal as well. If it's not to big a deal..I would change my email as well. Keep in mind that Paypal could hit your bank account months down the road for a return or refund to one of your old buyers. Solution? Ax the bank account attached to Paypal. A credit card linked to Paypal will have to go as well. 

I know it's all very messy but if you want to stop your Ebay account today...that's what it takes. With everything mentioned done, I would then rip off a very well prepared email to ebay to let them know how I feel. I burn a lot of bridges BTW. I'm an expert Bridge Burner. Lol. Best of luck - 96.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@pauliesthriftshop2016 wrote:

Why can't I just completely leave eBay now that they suspended me and I can't sell here? 

The answer is that there are Terms of Service that you agreed to, and these terms regulate how we all  are to conduct business and how our accounts are handled.

Your particular situation is logical.  Here are some comparible realities of life ....

1. An employee cannot quit ... if they have already been fired.
  2. A soldier cannot honorably leave the armed forces ... if they have been convicted of treason.
  3. A business location cannot hold a going out of business sale ... if they've already been evicted by their landlord.
  4. A student cannot drop out of school ... if the school has already flunked out the student.
  5. A battleship cannot return to port ... if it has already been sunk by multiple torpedoes.
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

Even accounts in good standing with NONE of the OP's issues have a waiting period before they can finally close the account.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I seem to recall a seller who left a bunch of profane/vulgar feedback or follow-ups one time that got the job done rather quickly. I have no doubt their personal details were retained for purposes of charging the backup funding source for a period of time as proscribed by the user agreement. Past that contractual agreement, they do not have the right of refusal to close an account on demand.

IMO all sites should be required to close accounts and delete personal information on demand due to the horrendous amount of data breaches that result in stolen identities and ruined lives. File a complaint with the FTC.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Frankly, I don't know why anyone would wanna close their account.  Don't list or buy.  Just realize one thing:

THESE BOARDS ARE A RIOT!!!!

Message 15 of 23
latest reply