cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactions used for calculating performance numbers

I'm confused as to why the number of transactions isn't the same for each of the criteria. If there are 1,300 trasactions shouldn't the late shipment rate and tracking uploaded on time and validated also be 1,300? I really hate calling ebay because the first level person can never seem to resolve whatever I'm callng about. 

Transaction defect rate 0.31%4 of 1,300 transactions
Late shipment rate 1.61%20 of 1,241 transactions
Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%0 of 1,300 transactions

Tracking uploaded on time and validated 99.05%1,257 of 1,269 transactions
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Transactions used for calculating performance numbers

If you go "significantly" (no explanation in the policies what that means) below standard on global performance, your items are lowered in global search.

I think that only domestic transactions are going to count from this month on, but I can't put my hands on that information at the moment -- or recall where I read it -- so will leave it at that.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Best guess is that you had some combined shipping.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You can get reports on your Dashboard that will give you the details of any one of the stats you have concerns over so that you may better understand them.  The Dashboard also has brief explanations for the stat as well.

Transaction defect rate 0.31%4 of 1,300 transactions
   The transaction defect rate is the percentage of your total transactions that had any 1 of 2 defects. Note that these defects often measure how satisfied your buyers were with a transaction. We don't count more than 1 defect per transaction.
Late shipment rate 1.61%20 of 1,241 transactions
  If you ship on time and upload validated tracking or your buyers tell us the shipment was on time when they leave feedback, you're all set.
Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%0 of 1,300 transactions
   A case closed without seller resolution is any case the seller is unable to resolve with the buyer prior to the buyer asking us to step in and help with a request, or escalating a case to PayPal for review, and eBay or PayPal determines the seller is responsible.
Tracking uploaded on time and validated 99.05%1,257 of 1,269 transactions
  For this requirement, we look at your transactions during the past 3 months. To be a Top Rated Seller, 95.00% of your transactions must have tracking uploaded within your stated handling time, in addition to receiving a carrier scan.

As someone else mentioned, some of the differences in total transactions would be due to orders that you shipped more than one item purchased in the package.  That only counts ONCE.

For example:  If you had a buyer purchase 10 different listings from you and you shipped them all together, the tracking number was the same for all ten items.  Then that counts as ONE transaction in the stats so that you don't get unduly hurt if something goes wrong, like a late shipment.  If it shipped late, you would get dinged ONCE not 10 times.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ebay has an error in the arithmetic calculator for late shipment. My example: 178 shipments, 8 were considered late, so ebay subtracts the 8 from the 178 to do the rate, based on 170 shipments. That is incorrect. Correct arithmetic would be to divide the 8 late shipments by 178. The late shipment ratio is higher using the correct method. Right?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@helpingrescuedogs wrote:

I'm confused as to why the number of transactions isn't the same for each of the criteria. If there are 1,300 trasactions shouldn't the late shipment rate and tracking uploaded on time and validated also be 1,300? I really hate calling ebay because the first level person can never seem to resolve whatever I'm callng about. 

Transaction defect rate 0.31%4 of 1,300 transactions
Late shipment rate 1.61%20 of 1,241 transactions
Cases closed without seller resolution 0.00%0 of 1,300 transactions

Tracking uploaded on time and validated 99.05%1,257 of 1,269 transactions

Look at the dates on the ratings.  The difference between Transaction and Late rates are because 59 items sold DURING the time period being rated were not shipped by the period end date, so they are not included in the Late count.   So anything sold on the 31st would not be counted for the Late rate because it hadn't shipped yet.  With a holiday weekend it would be anything purchased after 12/29 I believe.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 6
latest reply