cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction Fees And Multiple Items Ordered

I'm sure this is a common complaint, but I can't seem to find any recent threads.

I sell sports cards, and some are very low priced. The eBay trading card shipping is great to keep shipping costs reasonable.

But my issue is with the way eBay handles the processing of buyers purchases. When a buyer doesn't know how to use EBay or doesn't know how to "add to cart" and they buy several items one by one over say a five minute period, sellers get absolutely overcharged.

I just worked with a buyer to sell several cards for $20, assuming the fees would be the usual 13% or whatever. Then the buyer, with 10 feedback, didn't understand he needed to buy all the items at once, and paid for each individually. Most of these cards were $1-$2 cards, and now the individual transaction fees are 40 or 50 cents each, which is ridiculous.

Overall it's not a huge issue for this individual sale, since it's maybe $5 or $10 total. But why does eBay continue to use such a bad transaction system? They need to find a way to make sure buyers UNDERSTAND how to use their constantly more confusing buying process. The fees we pay as sellers are already a bit high, but when these kinds of sales happen it just drives me crazy.

It's a fairly common mistake buyers make, so I don't even blame the buyers. It is incredibly frustrating.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Transaction Fees And Multiple Items Ordered

I realize some want to make this a problem for Ebay to fix and maybe someday they will come up with a way to avoid this.  However this isn't a new problem.  It is one that sellers that have items that buyers typically buy multiple items have dealt with for years when the buyer pays for each purchase separately.  It is no different.

Now until such time that Ebay creates a way to avoid this [if ever], either sellers can work with their buyers or simply blame Ebay for not doing anything.  Seller choice.  Doing nothing could have a variety of ramifications, but it is your right to do it your way.  I've explained this several times on this thread, I won't do it again as it is not likely to change a thing.

I respect that you have the right to make your decision for yourself as a seller.  I will continue to do it as I have for 24+ years.  It works for me and all my buyers have been happy too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 31
latest reply