cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay just keeps batting a thousand

so today i had an overseas buyer ask me why they cant combine the shipping on 3 items they want to buy.
they said "i would like to buy 3 decals but ebay is charging me 3 times for shipping it wont let me combine the 3 purchases".

now i wonder how many out of country clients have come to your store and then left because theyre going to have to pay hundreds to ship items in the same package?

honestly, im starting to think ebay gets its advice from "the big guy". lmao ebay is just an idiocrasy

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

They are working on it. The last time they called, they said months. Whether that was 2 or 30 was not specified. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

EBay does not combine shipping cost  when you use eBay international shipping.  Hopefully they will change that.  Since the customer did ask you about it, you could make them 1 listing for the 3 decals so that they are paying just one shipping cost. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@diamondcutgraphicsusa as @pjcdn2005  mentioned, i combine all items into one listing for the int'l buyer to pay from. i've even done it for some domestic purchases. much simpler in some cases.

ebay needs the item number to match with what the listing states.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Wow, I had this happened recently and I didn't understand because I have a combined shipping rate for overseas and it wasn't working for this buyer. I thought something was wrong on my end. It must be their new international shipping program.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

As was mentioned, just create a custom listing with those three items in one lot. Send the buyer the link for that listing and he will pay the agreed price and one shipping fee. Make sure you end those individual listings as not to sell items you have already sold. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@diamondcutgraphicsusa 

You are using eBay International Shipping, which does not allow combined listings for your buyer to save on shipping.  See message #4 by @stuff4divas  for a solution.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

well i would like to express that how many overseas customers are going to see the price and not immediately turn away?

how many customers are even going to message me and ask me to make a listing?

and really. i know a listing might only take 5 minutes for some ppl. but what if i have 100 customers in one day ask me to make a listing?

and as i mentioned before if i saw the shipping price i would immediately turn away and im pretty sure im not in the minority in that situation. thanks for the replies theyre a bit of a help to many and me as well

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@diamondcutgraphicsusa 

you can "opt out" of EIS to do your shipping directly.

Opt out takes 24 hours

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@diamondcutgraphicsusa    in my description area i state that i combine shipping, not that all buyers actually read the description LOL

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I opted out after this happened to me with one of my Canadian buyers.    He and I always 

do it the same way with him doing the buy it now and waiting for me to send him an invoice.

I couldn't do that anymore,   so he went ahead and paid 3 times the shipping amount.

I refunded him and made a new listing with the 3 items in one listing.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

"not that all buyers actually read the description LOL"

you sure said some wisdom there haha. i have 2 negative feedbacks because buyers are saying im misrepresenting what im selling. in the description i have TWO videos, 6 or 7 pics and a detailed written description.

i wonder if those same ppl would buy a $5000 ring without reading the description hahah

heck, even walmart dont provide video instructions

Message 12 of 12
latest reply