cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Seller / Shipping ?

Hi Everyone 

I need some advice on how to get "top rated seller" status.

FYI - I have my items set on 30 day returns and 1 business day.  

Q1:  If I receive a notification  "ship items within 24 hours" , does this mean print the label that day and mail out within 24 hours of that date?  (ex: 3/25 print label, 3/26 mail items?)

Q2: Do you have your items scanned by the post office the day you drop off your items?  I have dropped off my items without scanning them and I notice I receive lates?

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Top Rated Seller / Shipping ?

Yes just ship within 24 hours.  Yes always take in to get scanned.  Dont ever just drop off and you should be good.  Best regards

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The advice to "ship within 24 hours" is sloppy.  All of eBay's policies are  in terms of full business days, with the exception of same-day handling.  If you have a handling time of one day, that means you ship on the next business day, not literally within 24 hours.

For TRS, you must upload your tracking within your stated handling time and then get a "validation scan" which can be any scan even the delivery scan, with no time-specific reuirement for the scan.

For eBay's more general evaluation of "On time shipping," they only look at actual scans.  So you would have to either get a scan within your handling time, or get a delivery scan on or before the estimated delivery date.  Some of us are fortunate to be able to count on getting same-day scans for packages that are just dropped off at the PO or even in the corner blue box.  Others have local POs that will not reliably do that scan, so you must make an extra effort to get an acceptance scan.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

If you want TRS and 1 day handling living on the East coast as I do then you need to be careful of times
ebay is all about pacific time.

If a buyer pays for an item at 259AM Eastern Time 3/30/18 you must have tracking uploaded & in post offices hand same day 3/30/18 because this is 11:59PM PT 3/29/18 that item sold & was paid.
Handling time Clock starts when item is paid (Pacific Time) 
If someone pays you today  3/29 /18 at 11:00 AM then you have until tomorrow 3/30/18 to upload tracking and get it to the post office.

I use carrier Pick up & my carrier scans when it is picked up.
I stopped going to the Post office years ago.

For TRS if you would want your listing to qualify for TRS+ 10% discount then starting in June you will also need to offer free returns

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2018-spring/simplified-returns.html#top-rated-pl...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@glamchick_01wrote:

Hi Everyone 

I need some advice on how to get "top rated seller" status.

FYI - I have my items set on 30 day returns and 1 business day.  

Q1:  If I receive a notification  "ship items within 24 hours" , does this mean print the label that day and mail out within 24 hours of that date?  (ex: 3/25 print label, 3/26 mail items?)

Q2: Do you have your items scanned by the post office the day you drop off your items?  I have dropped off my items without scanning them and I notice I receive lates?

Thanks for any advice!

Just FYI, you don't need 1-day handling or 30-day returns to be eligible for TRS. You only need it to get the TRS+ discount.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply