cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To ALL the WHINING and to ALL the OUTSTANDING sellers on Ebay.

I wanted to write this for a long time... the GREAT sellers will recognize themselves. The other ones...well... !

I am a BUYER - I buy quite a lot on EBAY - I LOVE EBAY

For the poor whining ones (no sales etc etc etc)

1) Take the time to write a FULL description of what your are selling (If you can't take the time to do that, well laziness will take you nowhere....)

- I am SO TIRED of sellers listing vintage model kits as NEW in the main title. Worse they used the word SEALED in the main title.  Usually it ends up "kit is sealed inside - SEEMS complete". My God what a joke. You still have to ask questions after questions and you can feel how anoyed they become. 

- Older / vintage kits are NOT NEW !! Even shrink wrapped. GOT IT ? Do you need a dictionanry to find out the meaning of something NEW ?

- I prefer to click on a listing that says USED then I read the [intelligent] description that tells me everything about the kit from A to Z. And I BUY.

2) Answer a question from a customer within the hour. Answer with DETAILS.  Do you care that it maybe a SALE ? The way some sellers answer I prefer to pass because a 4 word answer isn't going to cut it. This is not Walmart.

3) Caring about the way you ship things. I have AMAZON PRIME and if I see something I like very often I choose EBAY even if it is going to cost me more because I know that my item(s) will arrive in good condition (Amazon packaging has become worse and worse througout the years - especially with "expensive" books.) YOU can make a difference: charge me a couple $ more, that's okay ! I have stopped buying books on Amazon because each time I had to sent it back due the the fact that is was runned by poor packaging. I never had to return anything on EBAY

I want to thank ALL the FANTASTIC sellers who send me their card, a thank you note with my name on it, who packed my item(s) with a lot of care. I have all saved you as my favorite sellers and will be ordering again and again because you make such a humongeous difference among the zillions sellers. 

That's all I wanted to say. Long live EBAY which has also a great customer service.

Oliver

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: To ALL the WHINING and to ALL the OUTSTANDING sellers on Ebay.

OH MY!!!!

Red, how you doin....been a LONG time!

Mr C

Message 46 of 57
latest reply

I know Mr. C! Haven't been to the boards much. Was just thinking about you and Mrs. C the other day hoping y'all were making out allright. I'm well, just waiting out the heat here. Had to laugh so hard when I saw the ___hole guy's post and you were the one who finally debunked it. Guess us old dogs still recognize some tricks. heart

Message 47 of 57
latest reply

@buman_51 wrote:

I wanted to write this for a long time... the GREAT sellers will recognize themselves. The other ones...well... !

1) Take the time to write a FULL description of what your are selling (If you can't take the time to do that, well laziness will take you nowhere....)

- I am SO TIRED of sellers listing vintage model kits as NEW in the main title. Worse they used the word SEALED in the main title.  Usually it ends up "kit is sealed inside - SEEMS complete". My God what a joke. You still have to ask questions after questions and you can feel how anoyed they become. 

- Older / vintage kits are NOT NEW !! Even shrink wrapped. GOT IT ? Do you need a dictionanry to find out the meaning of something NEW ?

- I prefer to click on a listing that says USED then I read the [intelligent] description that tells me everything about the kit from A to Z. And I BUY.

2) Answer a question from a customer within the hour. Answer with DETAILS.  Do you care that it maybe a SALE ? The way some sellers answer I prefer to pass because a 4 word answer isn't going to cut it. This is not Walmart.

3) Caring about the way you ship things. I have AMAZON PRIME and if I see something I like very often I choose EBAY even if it is going to cost me more because I know that my item(s) will arrive in good condition (Amazon packaging has become worse and worse througout the years - especially with "expensive" books.) YOU can make a difference: charge me a couple $ more, that's okay ! I have stopped buying books on Amazon because each time I had to sent it back due the the fact that is was runned by poor packaging. I never had to return anything on EBAY

I want to thank ALL the FANTASTIC sellers who send me their card, a thank you note with my name on it, who packed my item(s) with a lot of care. I have all saved you as my favorite sellers and will be ordering again and again because you make such a humongeous difference among the zillions sellers. 

That's all I wanted to say. Long live EBAY which has also a great customer service.

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your well-expressed and thoughtful post; feel free to buy from me anytime (18-year bookseller--and buyer). innocent

Message 48 of 57
latest reply

Answer a question from a customer within the hour. OP - unquote 

The rest is fine , but this?   no . You must keep in mind that sellers are regular people too . Some of us have families , children and often other jobs that need our attention . Its impossible to be on line to answer a question within an hour  for most of us .  If a buyer wants something bad enough  then they will be a little patient  and give sellers  some time . Tulips 

Message 49 of 57
latest reply

it's not walmart, but  ebay wants sellers to charge walmart prices.  

and still provide neiman marcus service...

DOESN"T WORK IN THE REAL WORLD..

pick two..

cheap, good, or fast...  

only two are possible. period.

Message 50 of 57
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

".BUT EBAY sales have dropped and sales are down FOR MANY....and not because of thank you notes NOT given."

I don't need or expect a thank you note.  I just want my item in the condition specified, in a somewhat timely fashion (I am not impatient; I realize it's not a kidney or anything, and I don't care when I get it.  Just don't take a month to mail it)

Actually, funny story, and that take a month to mail it made me recall this.

In the very early days of Ebay,  I bought a collectible.  Time went by, and after several weeks, the seller messaged me to please leave him feedback.  Now being this was in the early days, things took much longer back then.  Money orders or checks might be sent in the mail, etc.  

I emailed back that I  was sorry but I don't leave feedback until I receive the item.  He was horrified, and checked, and found he had not mailed the figurine!

He asked me, why didn't I ask where it was?  I said, I was just giving it time and waiting patiently.  We developed a rapport, and had a pleasant conversation, figurine arrived, and I posted positive feedback.  All's well that ends well.  

I still remember his user name.

Message 51 of 57
latest reply

@retrose1 wrote:

@carlmarxx wrote:

OP I do hear you On how New  is used in toys and Hobbies  Model kit  categorys.   I Place USED  on model kits : i.e.  box's  with lot of shelf wear ,Missing decal or parts   and started .   For years  seller  had  the Option  in the item listing details  for model kits you had three Options :  New , Used and "Other" :  for  sellers  to place their  own infomation .  It was great  for old model kits. But ebay  removed  it in favor  for New or used in 2007 .

My favorite ebay change that is totally useless and makes me laugh is under Feminine Hygiene Sanitary Napkins that you HAVE to enter a condition IS - either New or Used.

Or refurbished?  I remember I was looking for jelly beans around Easter, and there were refurbished jelly beans!  I have no idea what that might be.

Message 52 of 57
latest reply

There like polished terds...

Mr C

Message 53 of 57
latest reply

@buman_51 wrote:

Oliver

This was a really good well thought out post and informative for most. It was also thoughtful that you decided to share what you are looking at when buying. Such feedback from buyers is great to listen to/read.

Any information like this you can get from buyers should be looked at and taken into consideration in this business and it can possibly increase sales for a lot of sellers.
Unfortunately as I am sure you will see there are too many sellers that have decided that selling is all about what they want only and are deaf to  any info they get directly from buyers about what they want and will become defensive and fight you on every point of it or even turn it around to make it look like you are being unreasonable....which you are not.

Message 54 of 57
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

".BUT EBAY sales have dropped and sales are down FOR MANY....and not because of thank you notes NOT given."

I don't need or expect a thank you note.  I just want my item in the condition specified, in a somewhat timely fashion (I am not impatient; I realize it's not a kidney or anything, and I don't care when I get it.  Just don't take a month to mail it)

and that would be the ones that receive negative fedback and unless the item delivery date was a month, then a case would have been opened, correct?  and with too many of those a seller gets ding,ding ding..and then they are punished.... IF this seller who ships after a month or takes that long...buyers would notice that..maybe decide to look elswhere... if the seller is able to...and people order from them...then there must not be negative feedback? no dings?  why would you be waiting a month?  the listed gives an "expected-estimated" date...a couple day after that..open a case....write the feedback....you'll get the item or a refund....believe it or not , you bases you purchase on something...feedback? price? location of item? estimated delivery date?  so you choose and some sellers stink at this....but most don't

Message 55 of 57
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

Answer a question from a customer within the hour. OP - unquote 

The rest is fine , but this?   no . You must keep in mind that sellers are regular people too . Some of us have families , children and often other jobs that need our attention . Its impossible to be on line to answer a question within an hour  for most of us .  If a buyer wants something bad enough  then they will be a little patient  and give sellers  some time . Tulips 

Actually here you are not regular people...you are business owners and most business owners throught time work harder and have to make some sacrifices in order to become sucessful and to make their businesses sucessful...and they remember the buyer does not need to wait as there are plently of others that will gladly take the buyer and the sale if you do not want it.
And then you will have nothing but time left for whatever it is that you want to do because that time will not be used on making sales......and then possibly even complain about slow or no sales.

Message 56 of 57
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife wrote:

There like polished terds...

Mr C

(Gasp!)  Mr C!   (giggle)

Message 57 of 57
latest reply