cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay says “order status paid w/ PayPal”. Paypal says, ‘pending’. Do I mail yet?

Well, silly me, I already mailed it! Someone hinted that maybe PayPal is putting some 21 day hold after I begin to sell a few of my personal items (I haven’t SOLD on Ebay in years), even though my transactions.... buying OR selling.... have been above reproach. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Never mail until you get the green check mark from PP with the words "ok to ship".  It could be a scam or they paid by check and the bank has not cleared it yet.  If you send before that, you could lose your protection, the money and your item.

I am a founding member of the eBay Community Expert Group: a USA volunteer mentor with over a decade of experience. I am not an eBay employee.

Live simply. Care deeply. Love generously. Speak kindly. Laugh loudly. Act responsibly. Rejoice daily. Help cheerfully. Plan carefully. Criticize sparingly. Invest wisely. Forgive willingly. Shop seriously. Play fairly. Learn graciously.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Did you happen to give the buyer your PayPal address or send them an invoice directly through PayPal?

The other possibility is that it was an E-Check that has not cleared yet. If you can show us a screenshot of the payment, blocking out all personal information, we might be able to help you better.
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@normanbradley If you haven’t sold on eBay in years then you are considered a new seller again and your funds for any eBay sales will be held for up to 21 days. (They will release them within 3 days of delivery if tracking is uploaded)As long as the transaction says OK to ship, you are good to go. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I don’t know how to show a screenshot. Do I need to call Ebay/PayPal?
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@normanbradley wrote:

No, you don't need to call eBay or PayPal. You need to read @missjen831's post.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@normanbradley wrote:

Click on the transaction in PayPal, to display the details. Look for "OK to ship" or "Seller protection: Eligible".

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

How to include a screenshot in a post.

1. Take a screenshot with whatever steps required for your computer's operating system. (Windows OS screenshots are captured differently from Chrome OS and from Mac OS.)

2. If your operating system allows you to "paste" a screenshot into a message, great. Paste away!

3. If, however, your operating systems saves a screenshot as a file, you must use the blue "Reply" button to create a reply to the appropriate message. You cannot use the "Quick Reply" if you want to post a screenshot this way.

4. On the "Reply" page, you can first type whatever message you want. Then click on the little icon that looks like a camera and says "Photos." A new window entitled "Photos" will pop up.

5. In that new window, click on "Choose Files" in the middle of the greyed-out "Photos" page. That should open up your computer's file app.

6. Again, this will appear differently for each operating system, but you should follow whatever protocol your system requires to find and click on or open the specific screenshot file.

7. The screenshot should begin to load into the "Photos" window. Let it load completely until the "Done" button in the lower right-hand corner activates.

8. Click on the "Done" button. Your screenshot should appear in the message you created in step 3.

You notice I say "should." Let me know if you have trouble with any of these steps.
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I did find this under the completed sale on Ebay, “Well done on selling your item! Although your buyer has paid, your funds will be held for up to 21 days and will be available by 07/19/2018
To make sure eBay is a safe and trusted marketplace, we implement this common industry practice in some instances such as Limited User History, Past Suspensions, and/ or High Risk transactions.

If a buyer reports a problem with a sale or an item, it may take longer than 21 days to receive your payment. So respond quickly to your buyer to resolve any issues.

How to get your funds faster:
1. Ship quickly after your buyer pays
2. Add tracking details in My eBay under sold items. If you have used eBay to print your label, tracking details will be uploaded automatically

AND, the client’s ‘rap sheet’ (rating/ notes) suggests that he’s been there a few years, w/o complaints. Crossing fingers.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Everyone has told you from the beginning to go look in Paypal. What does the transaction say there?

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I did recieve this 

Well done on selling your item! Although your buyer has paid, your funds will be held for up to 21 days and will be available by 07/19/2018

To make sure eBay is a safe and trusted marketplace, we implement this common industry practice in some instances such as Limited User History, Past Suspensions, and/ or High Risk transactions.

If a buyer reports a problem with a sale or an item, it may take longer than 21 days to receive your payment. So respond quickly to your buyer to resolve any issues.

How to get your funds faster:
1. Ship quickly after your buyer pays
2. Add tracking details in My eBay under sold items. If you have used eBay to print your label, tracking details will be uploaded automatically“

The client’s ‘rating rap sheet’ indicates them as trusted (an infrequent buyer of a few years)
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Oh, PayPal has him as “Payment received”, but in a pending box

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I think you may have received an invalid echeck which the buyer can cancel once the item shows delivered.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@normanbradley wrote:

Oh, PayPal has him as “Payment received”, but in a pending box

Open the paypal transaction. Does it say "ok to ship"? Does it say "seller protection eligible"?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I have found ‘buyer protection eligible’, not ‘okay to ship’. But Ebays message that I posted above seems to infer that PayPal, perhaps in collusion/extension w/ Ebay, can place 21 day ‘holds’ after so many sales (upon those sellers who haven’t sold for a while). It infers that if you pass the seller ‘test’ (buyers get what’s promised, no chargebacks, no disputes, ‘not what I ordered’, ‘not received’, etc.), then in three weeks they trust you a little more to keep your own business in order, that you, a returning seller, aren’t fraudulent... This helps build a seller’s good reputation.

I can’t get the sold item back, it’s in the mail. I think that the buyer is a true-blue ham radio operator (related to the purchased product... he emailed ‘73’ in a message, and only we hams know what THAT means). His ratings are good. I can only pray.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply