cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for eBay to lift their banning of selling fabric face masks

It's time for eBay to lift their banning and canceling auctions for handmade fabric face masks.  

The President of the United States even said they are recommending Americans wear fabric face masks and still continue the social distancing guidelines.  

Wake up eBay, they may not be a perfect solution, but they can't hurt.  People are getting very sick and even dying.  Time to reverse your stance on this.

As far as price gouging, that's up to the buyer on what he/she wants to pay.  No one is making them spend more than they want.  

Message 1 of 649
latest reply
648 REPLIES 648

Re: Time for eBay to lift their banning of selling fabric face masks

Exactly! Same thing happened to me . And while there are people still selling for $20 a piece, we can’t sell at $6-7! Makes no Sense!
Message 106 of 649
latest reply

I totally feel you!
Message 107 of 649
latest reply

Exactly the same thing that happened to me .
Message 108 of 649
latest reply

Very frustrating
Message 109 of 649
latest reply

It is bothersome when somebody assumes you only want to sell masks for profit. I've donated a few hundred that I've made to the United Way and a couple nursing homes. I tried to list a few cute Batman masks for kids just to get a little fabric money before I knew it was an issue. Very frustrating.

Message 110 of 649
latest reply

GENERAL COMMENT

Sell them elsewhere - it's eBay having so much trouble with these hucksters and profiteers, and at the risk of repeating myself - because these gougers pee'd in the pool and now we all have to get out.

eBay has a lot of problems because of the nature of the site - they're not going to make an exception for this and an exception for that because they simply don't have the resources to police all of this stuff.  There are popular sites elsewhere sell the things that don't have eBay's issues because they're quite different. Move ahead instead of getting frustrated, we can't have everything we want the way we want at this point, so being flexible is good - seriously - you'll get your work out to the public, pay for supplies and do good.  I saw someone with a neatly folded diaper and some rubber bands as a hurry-up mask - they could be wearing one of your cool ones!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 111 of 649
latest reply

Many sellers are having their homemade masks banned from listing.

Others seem to still be listed.  But, it is obvious Ebay is doing its best

the ban the homemade masks.  And this is of today.

Message 112 of 649
latest reply

@bibliotheque wrote:

Many sellers are having their homemade masks banned from listing.

Others seem to still be listed.  But, it is obvious Ebay is doing its best

the ban the homemade masks.  And this is of today.

Some sellers are approved to sell the masks.  Those that don't have that formal approval from Ebay will have their listings closed eventually.  

For those that have not been approved on Ebay, it really is not worth the risk to your selling account to continue to sell them until caught.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 113 of 649
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@stephmon wrote:

It isn't clear to me that the intent was to specifically prohibit hand-made cloth face masks. .... The bots aren't taking down "specific items" they're applying the take downs broadly on the terms "face mask", that is the issue.

Yes, when the policy was set up a month ago, they clearly had commercially-produced actual medical masks in mind and did not anticipate a surge in demand for hand-made items.  

It would not be difficult for eBay to refine the policy to prohibit only commercial masks and permit handmade ones.  eBay already has a policy regarding making medical claims in listings, so that could be applied to the listings for handmade masks..

But you know the cheaters would just start calling what they have hand made face masks 

Message 114 of 649
latest reply

That's not true. I ordered and purchased non medical sports masks, and ebay cancelled the transaction. Twice. On items actively listed.
Message 115 of 649
latest reply

And ebay is cancelling the sale after you submit payment. Tey ordering one and see what happens.
Message 116 of 649
latest reply

@elliottbr wrote:
That's not true. I ordered and purchased non medical sports masks, and ebay cancelled the transaction. Twice. On items actively listed.

Yes, you are correct.  It is important to keep in mind that when I said it, it was true.  But things change rapidly around here on this subject.

Message 117 of 649
latest reply

@elliottbr wrote:
And ebay is cancelling the sale after you submit payment. Tey ordering one and see what happens.

If it is after you have made payment the seller can still ship them to you if they want.  Ebay does not force a refund, that is up to the seller.

Message 118 of 649
latest reply

No, not at all.

Not only is the price gouging an issue, the medical field needs access to supplies. Hospitals do not even have enough supply and you want them manufactured for sellers to sell? You cant have seller buying up everything and selling for a profit. 

Message 119 of 649
latest reply

Ebay will get Sued over this . What is Price Gouging really mean ? We Sell Air Jordan Shoes is a Pair of Air Jordan Retro 1 worth $350 or $150 the buyer will decide. Is a Handmade SINGLE layered White Cotton Fabric Mask worth $2.99 or would someone pay $9.99 for a Flower Patterned Cotton Face Mask with a Breathable Mesh lining in it ? Its called a Choice if you don't think its worth $9.99 DON'T buy it. EBay is just using Bully scare tactics with there BOT Message 

Message 120 of 649
latest reply