cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thought you banned this guys account?

Had a shady customer who bought something from me under one account (now closed) and then another item a month later. Customer denied he was the same person even though it was the same name and address! LOL! So I called Ebay and they saw what was going on and claimed to shut this guys account down. But for some reason he was able to leave feedback (Even though it was positve with negative remarks). So why is this guy still on Ebay?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Thought you banned this guys account?

Ebay claims alot of things to get you off the phone.  You may need to call again, refer them to the notes left, and ask them to remove the feedback and do what they said they would and take the account down.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi, @endbossgames.

A positive is a positive, but I saw your reply, and becasue of that, you should probably call and have it removed. FYI, buyers don't usually look at positive feedback, but since it has a reply, it will really stand out now. Otherwise, I would have said to just leave it. You can keep it if you want, it's just my opinion that it should be removed.

Looks like eBay didn't close the buyer down (otherwise, it would show they are NARU next to their name by their feedback comment). If they were kicked off by eBay on the first account, it is likely eBay will catch this one and shut it down fast.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

LOL customer service lied.

They aren’t even supposed to tell you what action they take against another member. And buying something with multiple accounts is allowed, not sure why you expected him to be banned? We are all allowed to have multiple accounts & use them.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@missjen831 wrote:

LOL customer service lied.

They aren’t even supposed to tell you what action they take against another member. And buying something with multiple accounts is allowed, not sure why you expected him to be banned? We are all allowed to have multiple accounts & use them.

The OP says the first account is closed - if it was suspended by eBay, then the buyer should not be opening or using any other accounts. 

The OP doesn't say whether he added the original ID to his blocked bidder list.  If he did, that would be another problem.

Not that eBay would enforce either issue, but they are against written policy.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, but you seem to be under some type of misunderstanding. Ebay doesn't close (Buyer) accounts, they may ban a buyer's ID, but since they allow several at a time that's nothing but a ' feel good ' measure for you. Of course this individual will be back and yes, you are probably being targeted. It's a simple scam that has been going on for years and as you will soon find out, if you haven't already, ebay doesn't care and won't lift a finger in your defense. Unfortunately your only options are to get used to it or move on. This is the new ebay.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

A positive won’t be removed.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay sucks. They have lost sight of everything good they could have been. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

These type of things and poor treatment of sellers are quickly making them a thing of the past.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The guy had a previous account and all of a sudden it was shut down. When he bought something from me under a different user name I found out it was the same guy and confronted him. He totally denied it was him. So I reported him.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

What makes them a shady customer?  Having two accounts?  The buyer bought an item from you and he then closed his account and opened another account and bought from you again?  And that is shady how?  

If you blocked the  buyer before he closed his account he is not supposed to make another account to get around the blocks. Do you know if that's the reason he made another account?  Do you know for sure he knew he was blocked?  If so and that's what he did then good of you to report him.  But if he wasn't blocked then you had no business reporting him because buyers are allowed to have more than one account.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply