cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Those hidden items found on product prep

Prepping a spendy coat to list and I'm going through the pockets. 

Wut?

20221031_190423.jpg

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ahhhh pocket discoveries. Got a hand-me-down vintage coat a few years ago and found toothpicks in one pocket. A faded receipt, a parking stub, a few coins and a plastic army man in the other pocket. No match books.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I once found a ticket stub to a move in 1954 in the pocket of a men's vintage jacket - that was cool - I included it with the jacket when it sold.  It was for a movie theatre in Seattle that had closed when I was a teenager.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I use to run a retail store that bought and sold used militaria.  Nothing like having the family come in to sell grandpa's army gear and then I pull out a pack of vintage condoms from one of grandpa's coat pockets.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I used to think that those stories about people finding stashes of cash in the personal effects of older persons were just so much fantasy.  Then my mother told me about the time she & her sisters found out that their parents (my grandparents) were not cashing/depositing their Social Security checks!  The told their girls that they didn't need the governments money, the farm was doing quite well and they had everything they needed.  It took a bit of explaining that SSI was not a government handout - it was the payout of an insurance premium they paid every year when they filed their income taxes.  The girls switched them to automatic deposit and the subject was never discussed again. 🙂

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Had a pirate treasure coin on a cert board fall out of a old cook book flipping through it one time it was a roll of cash in every recite kind of unit..

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Include the note with the coat and advertise as a "Bad Boys Coat". Might get a better price from someone fascinated by the "seedy side".

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

Include the note with the coat and advertise as a "Bad Boys Coat". Might get a better price from someone fascinated by the "seedy side".

😁

Turns out that the coat fits me great, looks good and I'm keeping it lol!  Maybe I'll just keep those matches and pull them out if someone needs to light a candle or an...um...smokeable (*nudge nudge wink wink*).

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

at least you have a contact number in case you need to post bail

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I'd list the matchbook. Some collector is probably looking for one.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Too bad you didn't find one of these...

bill.jpg

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@chapeau-noir I'm guessing the coat belonged to a Boy Scout. Their motto is "Be Prepared."

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I once found $100. in twenties in a pocket and another time I found a pistol and bullets in a traincase.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@aeparts1 wrote:

I'd list the matchbook. Some collector is probably looking for one.

That matchbook, even in much better condition, probably isn't worth the effort to list.  All City Bail Bonds is still around.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I think I've found maybe 35 cents in pockets - never that $$ bonanza!

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 17
latest reply