cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The most interesting buyer award goes to

Check this out. I got a simultaneous message/negative last night from a buyer. He is upset about the package that's been in transit for 10 days now. I'm in Calif and he's in Phoenix, the package actually got to Phx in 3 days but before the final delivery scan, USPS decided to give the package the VIP cross country tour to NY and back. The buyer saw that tracking status and was pretty PO'ed at me.

He sent his negative and two messages minutes apart, probably because he hit the 2000 character max. He called me the worst company ever 5 times in his messages, that's a record for me. The rest is basically repeating the same things using watered down profanity, how inexcusable it is for me to make the package take 2 weeks and go all the way to NY when he is in Phx, demands that I justify my actions for the F'ed up shipping, he doesn't like that the tracking has too many updates (15+), he's going to report me to ebay and authorities for fraud, and (I love it when buyers say this one) how dare I treat a veteran like this for what he did for my country. That last one was also mentioned numerous times in his messages. I actually get that "lecture" from buyers from time to time. Do veterans know that people don't know you are a veteran if they don't even know who you are?

Anyway, I'm not going to mention the efforts I'm taking to resolve this and remove the feedback. Because the interesting part is that I decided to Google the buyer. Yea yea, if you have issues about that you can get off your high horses. Turns out this buyer was arrested 3 years ago in Calif and went to prison for impersonating a police officer. He was found loitering around a shopping area for a few weeks and told employees he was an undercover cop. When the real police picked him up and arrested him, he had 3 Calif police badges and business cards of 3 officers as well as a badge belonging to a Phoenix police officer. He also had 4 loaded guns in his car. Three handguns and one rifle, two of them were reported stolen. They still aren't sure how he got those authentic police badges as I read the article.

Thanks USPS for endangering my life.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: The most interesting buyer award goes to

did they finally get the package?

If not, you can go to https://emailus.usps.com/s

You can fill out the information of your location, buyer location, the location that the package was shipped from. Take your time doing this.  

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Check this out.

I use a posting ID here also so I get it. But when I have an issue with a buyer, I've been known to request advice and add context to the complaint by posting with that ID. (Fortunately, it hasn't been necessary many times.)

To tell us to "check this out," without showing what we're checking, it's hard to do without seeing the listing and the feedback.

I'm glad you got the feedback removed.

Sorry I was unclear. I was referring to checking out my post. Thanks for understanding I wasn’t asking for advice here.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

did they finally get the package?

If not, you can go to https://emailus.usps.com/s

You can fill out the information of your location, buyer location, the location that the package was shipped from. Take your time doing this.  

Yes it arrived to the buyer yesterday. Thanks.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I accidentally posted an envelope last month here with my name and address (return label on it) about a return of a person who had a deceased sticker on it from the post office but he wasn't dead and it got taken down. LOL.

So, I have no secrets...you got my first name and what city I sell in from just looking at my items for sale.

That wasn’t what I asked, but it’s fine. 👍🏻

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Apparently some people reading your post got up on the wrong side of the bed or something.  Either they don't know the difference between a post asking for help vs. a funny share-only one .... or ...... who knows, maybe they think Most Interesting Buyer Award is an actual thing and you gave the award to yourself by making up a fake story.  I mean don't you know the rules clearly state you can't substitute the phrase "So get this." with "Check this out" unless you provide immediate visible or clickable evidence to check out?  And no stated item price, seriously???

I guess theoretically you are not a real seller or even a real human, could be AI.  😆

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

The most interesting man (buyer) in the world.

most-interesting-man-goldsmith-1504044751.jpg

"I don't always impersonate a police officer. 
Sometimes I impersonate a veteran."  

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

Busted! 😵

You humans are so gullible.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Some of these buyers on here are downright dangerous. Now you have to deal with the negative feedback which you know will never be removed with their new buyers are all ULTRA SUPER angels policy and don’t you ever disturb a nice buyer like this by removing their feedback. LOL!

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

Worst thing Dos Equis ever did was get rid of that man as their spokesperson.

A local restaurant still has a large picture of him hanging in the bar area.  I've tried to buy it but the manager says no, the women like that picture too much to get rid of it. 

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

I would also want to buy it, but then if I was the bar owner I would also not want to sell it, LOL. 

This reminds me of two stories.

1. I never heard of Dos Equis until my late 20's when I got a job at an upscale Mexican restaurant in Little Rock Arkansas.  I grew up in Iowa and took 2 years of Spanish with a teacher from Mexico, so I was fairly fascinated by how hit-or-miss Southerners' pronunciation of Spanish was.  Somewhat surprisingly I never heard anyone mis-PRONOUNCE Dos Equis, but everyone including my fellow servers and the bartender mis-INTONED it, so it sounded like "Doe-SECKIES".  I don't know why but it tickled me endlessly.  

2. At that same restaurant, the bar drinkware was all hand-made various sizes and shapes of clear glass with a cobalt blue rim.  -I've seen drinkware just like that since then, even at places like Target, but at the time it was kind of exotic I guess.  One night I had a large table of heavy drinkers, and at one point the guy who'd told me to bring him the bill asked how much a set of these glasses would cost him.  I said I didn't think they were for sale.  He chuckled and said "Everything's for sale.  Lemmie talk to the manager."  So I went and got her.  She told him the drinkware was bought and imported from a particular glass works studio in Mexico, and she didn't think they'd sell to individuals seeking small quantities, but this dude insisted she give him their name, so she did.  -I have no idea if he ended up actually contacting them, or if in his drunken state he just didn't want to back down from his show of bravado in front of his friends.  

I will say that moment when he laughed and said "Everything's for sale" without missing a beat .... that's one of those things I'll never forget, and never stop thinking about.  So, maybe that picture of the Most Interesting Man really is for sale; you just haven't offered enough for it yet.  😉

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

It is a major problem when people refuse mental health care.

The results are becoming evident in oh so many ways.

For many its not a matter of refusal, it's the inability to access. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

@hartungcards wrote:

Oh that's no fun.  I was hoping for something along the lines of "lily-livered whatever."

Yea, too bad they didn't call me a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder.

Now that is really stepping over the line! 😠

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

Unfortunately mental health counseling appears to help some & fails miserably on others

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

Oh thank goodness. They must have seen the crazy messages. 

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@doc-holmes wrote:

@tobaccocardyahoo wrote:

The results are becoming evident in oh so many ways.

For many its not a matter of refusal, it's the inability to access. 

In the case of my family, it's refusal. Meds are prescribed, they aren't taken. That results in temper tantrums in public that cause this person to be banned from stores.

C.

Message 30 of 31
latest reply