cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You & Farewell

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone, 

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce my departure from eBay. I have accepted an opportunity with another company, and tomorrow will be my final day with eBay. 

Though I am excited for what is to come, it is not easy for me to say goodbye. I have truly enjoyed my time working with such a mighty community. We’ve done a lot together since 2016 - from redesigning the platform, launching the eBay for Business podcast, executive engagement through Ask Me Anythings, to helping find answers for the complex issues that you face everyday, and I’ve enjoyed every minute of it!

Getting to know each of you has been a real pleasure in every respect. I have learned so much from my time as your Community Manager, and I can’t thank you enough for the ways that you’ve helped me grow these past few years.

Not to worry, though I’m starting the next leg of my journey, your day-to-day team remains the same. The wonderful trio of Brian, Trinton & Tyler is still here to serve you, and I’m confident that you’re in good hands. 

I wish you all the very best, and thank you again for everything.

Alan

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Thank You & Farewell

Best of luck to you Allen in all of your future endeavors. 

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Good luck and happy days!

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Best of Luck but I don’t like change especially in these uncertain times.

Heck!  We now can’t even reach customer service on the telephone ☎️ 

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

alan@ebay  Thank you for your service, and good luck in all your future plans, Alan! 

(I won't say "So long and thanks for all the fish" in these trying times).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

alan@ebay 

Best of luck to you going forward in your career.  Stay happy, safe and healthy.  Will raise a Guinnes in your honor.  Thank You!!!

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Best of luck in your next endeavor, Alan! And stay safe!
Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Goodbye Good Luck 

FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Thank you, Alan, all the best to you!

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

thank you for everything, good luck in your new job, and stay safe

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Best of luck with your new endeavor, and all the future projects, as well.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

It was great meeting you at ebay Open a few years ago!

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

I was afraid of this (didn't fool me with that answer).......  Considering the state of this Board when you came, there is no doubt about the fact we all owe you alot for your fairness and even handedness over the years.  You've done alot and done it well.    May the Force be with you in the future!

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Wishing you all the best!

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

Thank You & Farewell

Many thanks for all your great contributions here friend, wishing you luck!

Message 15 of 34
latest reply