cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You Sellers for #makingithappen on eBay

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the sellers who make it happen on eBay. We're grateful for all the hard work and hustle you put into your business, today and every day.

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

If you are grateful then how about a boost in visibility or some free promotions ?

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Happy thanksgiving!

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of the Blues.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving! Here's to 4th quarter!

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving Alan.

We're enjoying lamb shanks tonight. Not traditional....but hey why not?

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Thank you, Alan, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

THANKSGIVING!! 

maybe for you

but for the sellers who have lost 60% of their income overnight we can't afford the turkey, let alone the trimmings. I'm on my 12th hour of work today, and no turkey in sight, have to pay those ebay fees, doncha know.

When I pay ebay 52% of gross only to find when i search google for items in my category that out of 300 images from other sales sites ebay has a whopping 7 items buried in those 300 listings, I have to ask "what are you doing with my money"?

Of the 7 listings shown, out of that 300, one listing was mine, when i clicked it i was told that my VERY ACTIVE  listing was "not available but please click to view other items on ebay".

Google is not to blame regardless of what an ebay rep told me when i called an hour ago when all 7,600 of my listings suddenly lost item condition, there are plenty of ads on sale on google to buy, just not from ebay sellers

1st page best match here on ebay?  what do buyers see? sellers with 38 feedback, sellers with less then 100% feedback, nasty pictures, sellers charging for shipping, charging for returns, and lots of those duplicate sponsored listings. 58 listings in a row from one seller who charges shipping, charges  for returns and has 99.8% feedback, on the first page. All of this trash comes before long time sellers with 100% feedback, same or one day handling, free shipping and free returns, with the best gallery pictures i might add. 

I hadn't realized how little ebay valued its long time 100% feedback sellers, I guess i found out today didn't I?

So,  happy thanksgiving to you, at least you were able to have one. 

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I have chosen to not have a store because it doesn't make economical sense for me. Having said that, eBay seems to be trying to get me to have a store by shutting down my see other items links both within each auction and also on my page. I called them twice earlier this week and they fixed it two days ago and now, on Thanksgiving day, they've essentially blacklisted my see other items links by making them dysfunctional again. All my other items referrals are being sent to a page with 0 listings when I have over 50 items listed. How can I get them to fix this without being blackmailed into paying for a store by turning off my see other items links? I can't believe that eBay is so incompetent that they cant fix this permanently but here we are again in the busiest week in the year and its working on Tuesday evening and now less than 48 hours it is turned off again. It is incredibly frustrating and criminal.
Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Thank you ebay for all the free promos I've been receiving on a frequent basis. Happy Thanksgiving! ☺☺☺

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Appreciate the sentiment and hope you had a great day.   

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

@llama

I can see your other items just fine but you have two other larger more pressing issues.

1. Did you realize eBay is showing "commonly bought together" items before your item description?

2. Did you realize eBay is showing sponsored links from other sellers before your item description?

On one of your listings it was double stacked. So a buyer has to ignore those distractions and not be convinced to click on a cheaper or more appealing item before even getting to the details of your item. Does anyone here want to here me go on about the UX of this? 

The baseline for your sentiment is logically sound. There is no chance I would pay eBay a cent more than I'm obligated to when they're placing my items in this type of layout, potentially hurting my sales. Only eye tracking and usability tests would tell us 100% how this affects buyer behavior. Everything else is a guessing game and unfounded hypotheses.

What is a rationale and common theme is sellers continue to postulate about decreased sales and looking at the new layout format I couldn't for the life of my imagine why (yes, that sarcasm).

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Hi, future. Maybe there should be a separate thread about this as you are totally correct. But...I too saw what you saw on the OPs listings. I kind of panicked, signed out of ebay, then called up my Tally Ho sweater to be sure same thing isn't happening. Being signed in or out, I do not have that happening. Could it be I have my preferences set differently? Hope am explaining this correctly. TIA.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 13 of 25
latest reply

I also accessed another seller's items on this thread (not a posting ID) and theirs, too, have same thing going on. Not only before the description but multiple times below. This needs to be fixed...unless it has to do how you have your preferences set? I will say, for sellers that have sales going on, there is at the very top this % off blurb in red.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 14 of 25
latest reply

@abfabvintage

I agree there should definitely be a separate thread for this topic and if I'm not mistaken (it's possible I am lol) I've seen some other sellers comment about this already. I signed out and same thing on my end. This may be due to tracking and cookies and items of interest last searched, not specifically my preferences since I did notice something interesting.

I searched Ivy Caps here a few weeks ago to respond to a thread topic in the community. I also searched on Google. When I clicked on one of the aforementioned buyers "duckbill" hats, I was shown Ivy Caps exactly like the ones I found during my search in the first two touts under "similar sponsored items".  This is slick and what you want from a psychological/marketing perspective if you own your own site or the platform because the items are all yours, not so great on eBay because all the items are from other sellers, not the person who's comment we're responding to. I'll have to give some thought as to whether this is worth starting a post over or search for the threads where I may have seen this mentioned. 

If sellers had more say towards the direction of eBay I'd just start the thread but seeing as how things are being run here these days I need to carefully consider whether this is the best use of my time and that of others. Thanks for following up and your insights. Always appreciated.

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply