cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak Research

I sold the following in June of 2023 but I cannot find it on the Terapeak list.

Lionel Post War 6464-100 Western Pacific Box Car O Gauge 1954-55

I have tried numerous combinations of Keywords in the title ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Terapeak Research

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@lacemaker3 

Yes, "weird" is an apt term.

This one I found, it sold over the weekend.  Used the full title:  

LIONEL Pre War 265T Gun Metal Gray Tinplate 8 Wheel Tender 1935-40

OOPS! My bad. I did find that one, but I didn't twig that it was yours because it showed up under your store name, not your user ID. I thought that was another seller's listing.

This one I could not find with the exact title or other variations of it:

LIONEL 6-17604 Lackawanna Standard O Woodside Illuminated Caboose OB MINT 1986

Hopefully someone will shed some light on this for us.  I wonder if items sold on Offers are not returned in Terapeak either?

Normally, items sold to a best offer do show up on Terapeak. That's what it has been most reliable for ... showing how much the actual sale price was, when an item sold to a best offer.

But ... ebay has been making a lot of changes to offers recently. Maybe something has unexpectedly started interfering with some offer-sales being transferred to the Terapeak database?

What kind of offers were they?

• standard, old-fashioned best offer?
  • seller initiated offer?
  • offer sent through an eBay message?
  • seller accepted an offer, but it turned into a counter-offer for the buyer?
  • something else?

That first auction you asked about, the one that ended June 10, 2023, that wasn't an offer-sale was it? The cached page showed there were a whole lot of bids on that one.

@lacemaker3   The June 10th sale was an auction, I don't use Best Offer on my items but I occasionally Send Offers ... 

Regards,
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

I was searching for something I sold last year on Terapeak and it is not there.  

Here is the listing title: Lionel Post War 6464-100 Western Pacific Box Car O Gauge 1954-55

Here is the original eBay item number: 334894302262

Sale date was June 10, 2023

Sold amount = $ 910.00

Format: Auction

I tried numerous searches using different keywords from the original title.  Nothing returned that item on the list of sold items.  The best results I got was using this for the search

Lionel 6464 100

I am rather curious why it does not appear on Terapeak?

Hey @mr_lincoln! Let us see if we can have someone from that team take a look and we will let you know if we hear anything back from them!  

devon@ebay 

Thank you Devon ... I remember when we had the gentleman at one of our meetings explaining Terapeaks and that sometimes members have to adjust the title for search results to return what they are looking for.  I just couldn't find that item nor can others here on this thread. 

But as @wastingtime101 shared, WorthPoint grabbed it ... 

Regards,
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Update:  Here we are a month later and my June 2023 sale from last year is still not showing up.  I can't change the search title by reducing keywords to have it show up in search ... 

Regards,
Message 18 of 18
latest reply