cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE TRUE GREEDY NATURE OF EBAY ! SHAME ON YOU !

would hope or think during this national crises ebay would have a heart and waive all or at least some of sellers fees to help us stay on our feet a little better ! Many companies are indeed helping which are not even close to be the size and wealth ebay is and who got them to that wealth ??? The sellers !! Thanks for nothing !!

Message 1 of 59
latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: THE TRUE GREEDY NATURE OF EBAY ! SHAME ON YOU !

you have been on ebay maybe what 3 years ? I have been on here almost 20 and have once really liked ebay and it was very good but the changes they have made recently are not for the sellers benefit whatsoever and the sellers are what makes them money and I know over the years I have made them tons of money !

Message 46 of 59
latest reply

I start most of my auctions at 99 cents with no guarantee what I will make and sometimes do ok and other times not so ok. It is a risk I am willing to take. In my category that I list in the problem is the crooks listing fakes as authentic and that has hurt the market and 100s of buyers has reported this problem to ebay and nothing has been done. My gripes are legit !

Message 47 of 59
latest reply

you are so right and hit the nail on the head. Trump is trying to help American people get through this and I feel sorry for the people that think China is our friend when in fact they would love nothing better than to see this country fail. I cannot think of one other president that would propose this sort of measure in a emergency such as what is going on now. He is trying to do that for every American no matter what party they root for. I was raised in a family of democrats but that was when they did stand for something different than stupid far left agenda nowadays. I even think JFK would be considered a republican today compared to what they are trying push today. He stood for the USA and never would have had open borders for just anyone to prance in as they please. Too many have forgot the men who died to protect the freedom of this great nation and it is not a right to live here it is a privilege !

Message 48 of 59
latest reply

look in the mirror ??? I do not know for sure what you can be meaning by that but let me tell you this. I have no use for the Chinese which is where this mess came from ! And if the USA would start buying American we all be the better for it ! Yet past administrations kiss their @#%& !!! You got me wrong ! First off my dad was a decorated WW2 veteran and I has a older brother killed in veitnam which now are allowed to be ebay members ! We are a strong military based family that love this country not china ! I have never sat around waiting on a hand out. I have been a masonry contractor for 15 years now and have been in the trade for 40 years. I know what work is ! During the last administration work was slow as a snail and the past 3 have been booming up till now and it is not Trumps fault !! or mine ! He will get things on tract again and likely with stupid opposition as he has had to deal with

Message 49 of 59
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

If you are referring to the pandemic  task force ,, it's still in full working order  . Nobody including the president did away with it . I watched a report from the Hudson institute last night that totally verified this...

You might want to do a little more research to obtain a non biased accounting of this issue.  Look up Hudson Institute to see what version of the  "truth" you are seeing.    This isn't a close call.  

Message 50 of 59
latest reply

i agree the p.o. is terrible and increase charges ever year - maybe these union people and government personal whose pensions are 7000.00 or more a month need to take a cut too - to save the company - to keep it going for the rest of us unfortunates
Message 51 of 59
latest reply

Construction is booming because there are demands for it. That means the population is growing. It could be less deaths, more births and more people coming into this country.

You have to have money in order to buy these constructions or rent them. In the state where I reside, most of the property is owned by investors from other countries, especially from South America.

I think the real issue is more complicated than just crediting or blaming on one thing. Everything is intertwined.

If everyone behave accordingly, things won't be so chaotic. Remember, we all live in this world, we all have feelings, and we all bleed.
Message 52 of 59
latest reply

you are so right, thank you

I have always said there is no free lunch. look, sellers, you don't pay fees unless you make a sale. then it is a %, you make money every time you make a sale. If you aren't making sales, lower your prices, have a fire sale, after all it is a fire that's burning. It's time to sell off your inventory and bring some money in to feed yourself,
Kevin A
Message 53 of 59
latest reply

where's my right on button?!
Kevin A
Message 54 of 59
latest reply

exactly.
Kevin A
Message 55 of 59
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@muskingum_relics wrote:

Many companies are indeed helping which are not even close to be the size and wealth ebay is and who got them to that wealth ??? The sellers !! Thanks for nothing !!

Great idea.  But why stop there?

My biggest expense is shipping, and I have given thousands and thousands of dollars to the USPS over the years ... so I think it is time for them to give some of that back to me.  Since the USPS is much, much bigger than eBay, I think they should give us significantly reduced shipping for the next 8 weeks (or, why not FREE shipping!).    To make this work for the USPS, I propose:

• The power companies can give reduced electricity rates to the USPS facilities.
  • The fuel companies can reduce the cost of gas for the fleet of delivery vehicles.
  • FedEx can give reduced rates to the USPS for air cargo (Priority Mail / Express Mail packages) ... those pilots probably make too much, and maybe they can fly the planes for free.
  • The insurance companies (life, health, disability, etc.) can waive or reduce premiums over the next two months ... after all, doctors and nurses don't need pay for their work.
  • The postal employees can surely take salary cuts or, better yet, deliver my packages for free.

You are paying a few bucks to have your merchandise delivered who knows where in the world while hopefully making a profit for yourself. Helarious.

Message 56 of 59
latest reply

Amen. Let’s not forget Ebay is pandemic proof. They benefit from every aspect from social distancing, unemployment, empty grocery shelves. EBay is making $$ from every angle. 2020 may become the most profitable year for EBAY ever or until the next pandemic.

Message 57 of 59
latest reply

What are you giving away free to your customers? That's what i thought. SHAME ON YOU!

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 58 of 59
latest reply

Hey goy, you got 100,000 free listings that you can’t use, why aren’t you HAPPY??

Sales have basically stopped this week. Part of the problem is that eBay gave out 100000 free listings which Is of ZERO benefit to most sellers. Thanks a lot eBay for giving your biggest sellers a metric crapload of free listings and flooding the platform! Now my listings are getting buried beneath that pile of junk!

Oh, you guys also offered to defer my payment so that it can rack up to the point of me never being able to catch up? Thanks for that too!!

If you want to help, wipe out some percentage of FVF. The eBay response has so far been pathetic.
Message 59 of 59
latest reply