cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THE MORE WE BEG EBAY TO STOP, THE MORE THEY DESTROY

My title says it all. They lie about us asking for these changes. I bet they don't show the brass

the 99.9 % of messages telling them to stop. They hit DELETE on those.

All I can say is......while your in there never ending beta tests, you won't sell anything.

CHANGES=LOST SALES

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: THE MORE WE BEG EBAY TO STOP, THE MORE THEY DESTROY

Since eBay has been changing since inception, your hypothesis is probably meaningless.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

And so is your post. This is THE only selling site that makes this massive amounts of changes, continually and never ending.

But why waste my breathe to a non seller. 

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

I agree with you, I do not understand what they are doing with these changes. I have been buying and selling on eBay since 2001 and this week I am not buying anything because I cannot find the items I am looking for, its crazy. And I am not listing any new items because it now takes 3-4 times longer. And my existing sales and views are way down this week. This will effect their profits, at least temporarily. I truly don't understand why they shoot themselves in the foot like this.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

I bet they don't show the brass

They dont, unless the post contains something that goes against community guidelines.

I sometimes wish they did though, because most posts of this type are super repetitive and/or contain false information or at best, half truths.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

They are 'enhancing' your experience by re-categorising stuff - are you impressed yet ?

I have to admit this is one of the worst ones in a while LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Ditto.  I stopped listing when they forced the seller hub last month.  Searching is a nightmare.

They just keep making it worse and worse.  

Every time they run there tests on us, we sell nothing.   That part is a fact.  People call them rolling blackouts, really there just them sticking us in there never ending tests.  

Then they keep saying how we ask and want these changes.  This is the pinnacle of bad management.  I seriously think the web designers run this place. And there running it into the ground.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

My title says it all. They lie about us asking for these changes. I bet they don't show the brass

All I can say is......while your in there never ending beta tests, you won't sell anything.

CHANGES=LOST SALES

hmm you are one user out of how many??

Who is to say what other users ask for?? I can not say.

Changes happen all the time on eBay. Some good some a waist of time, some bad.

If it cost eBay money you can be sure it will change again.

As long as I can sell a few things and make a buck its all good.

( Note: I did not say anything about costing seller money just eBay.)

Also just a note that this time of year can be slow for some.  You are not the only one with no or slow sales.

Just saying.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

This is THE only selling site that makes this massive amounts of changes, continually and never ending.

My friends who sell on Etsy would beg to disagree.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

The recent changes are baffling. Their programmers destroyed most of the item specifics for the two primary categories that I sell in (comic books and Transformers toys). They recently got rid of the categories my items are in and moved the items automatically up to the next category. For example, all items in the Transformers toys category got moved to action figures and all items in the Spider-Man comics category got moved up to the general comics category.

I'm OK with these new categories. It's better to have less categories in this instance, but it's a major problem that their programmers didn't map out the item specifics fields like "Character" or "Series" or "issue #" and so on. Most of the item specifics data I had entered is now missing when I edit items. Even the UPC codes that I had meticulously added to most items I sell is now missing when I edit items in bulk and seems to often be missing when I edit items individually (it's not consistent).

Not sure what to do now ... I've got about 4,000 items in my store and don't have time to fix all of the listings that are wrong now because of their changes (plus concerned that if I make changes that those changes will be erased again in a future update further down the road). 

Also, the change to truncate the subject line in emails for item sale notifications is also absolutely baffling. It makes it challenging to figure out what specific item has sold, especially when I sell items that have similar titles like "GI Joe Real American Hero #276 Cvr A" and "GI Joe Real American Hero #276 Cvr B" but the subject line is truncated to "Your item has sold: GI Joe Real America..." 

I've called regarding both of these issues since one is an error and both ultimately impact revenue for both myself and ebay. Just kind of baffling. Makes me really want to spend a few weeks to finally program my own store, but that's got it's own set of issues that I don't know if I want to deal with yet.

-----------------------------------------------------
Ryan
Seibertron.com
Message 10 of 23
latest reply

There is no reason for the snarky, mean spirited comments.  This is the Sellers Help Board.  Not the Seller's lets be mean and nasty to other sellers board.   The seller is frustrated with all the changes.  It may not affect everyone but it is affecting many.  Have some compassion for other seller's problems.  Karma

Change the channel!
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

And so is your post. This is THE only selling site that makes this massive amounts of changes, continually and never ending.

But why waste my breathe to a non seller. 

I take it you've never sold on Etsy? 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

I agree - I believe I am in the beta test for relistings - I do relist and it came up the other night but I went back to classic.  Not selling a thing and I believe I am in that beta test.  Anyway to get out?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I totally agree - after many years of being on ebay and dealing with their **bleep** I want to leave.  I live on SS and my sales which are NON existent now since they threw me into a beta test.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I agree and thought it was because I was ill and had not listed much in last few weeks.  I have been listing every day to NO avail - no sales, no messages and not even any low ball offers.

Message 15 of 23
latest reply