cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support continues to worsen.

Thousands a year in fees, and there is no longer any higher tier support.

Called twice now to have a buyer's feedback remove because they used extortion, clearly violated eBay's policies.

Now agents on the phone can no longer remove feedback, has to be submitted to another department.

Twice I've received a response that was totally different than what the agent asked them to do.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Support continues to worsen.

Some time ago, an experienced eBayer who posts here often explained that, if you have a problem that will require eBay's aid, you will be better off contacting them on social media, like FB.  Have you tried that yet?  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Yes it's been like that for years, there are many "work arounds" for all the things on Ebay just to get something done.  People tolerated this because if you worked it right you could still make a good living off Ebay.  Now with the lack of support, high fees, pay to play, high shipping, scammers, coddling buyers, and just plain worrying about if your items are getting views, and if you'll make enough to pay the bills next month, Ebay is becoming like any job today.  The little bit of profit you might make isn't worth the hassle.  After Chirstmas it's quiet quitting time, which is leave the stuff I want to get rid of up, and put as little effort into Ebay as possible, Then focus on other things that are more fruitful.  

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Some time ago, an experienced eBayer who posts here often explained that, if you have a problem that will require eBay's aid, you will be better off contacting them on social media, like FB.  Have you tried that yet?  

Yes, but sadly a few months or even longer ago, they farmed out their Facebook page "eBay for business" to a third party, and now they have little power.

It's just entirely ridiculous that a company this size has such lousy support. Turnover must be extremely high in their call centers.

I'm really sick of reps saying anything to get me off the phone or chat, and even if a rep promises me $100, the next rep will act like that conversation never took place. They won't hold any of these people liable either.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@hachumi wrote:

The little bit of profit you might make isn't worth the hassle.  After Chirstmas it's quiet quitting time, which is leave the stuff I want to get rid of up, and put as little effort into Ebay as possible, 

In my opinion manny of the smaller sellers believe ebay has become too labor intensive , is not much fun anymore, &  not very lucrative

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I can deal with the labor, the fun left a long time ago with the first scammer, and mounting problems with eBay.  The lucrative part is the part that will get people like me to leave.  For some people on this board eBay is a hobby, or a way of life sadly.  For me it was a way to get parts and extra money for my RC hobby.  I turned around with most of my profits and bought stuff on eBay.  Since they started the use available funds for purchases, I haven't taken a payout, I bought stuff on eBay with it.  Should make sorting the 1099 out easier.  They lose me because I can't make money anymore they are also losing a buyer.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Just go to help top right corner, scroll down to contact us, select selling, appeal a defect, type in the order number and tell them the why it’s removable there, copy your response, select send.  Push back button, paste, send again, do this until it says you’ve reached your limit of sending.  You will get someone with enough English skills to resolve your issue

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

This link may be helpful.  https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

I noticed the last negative fb you received... wait until the package is delivered before requesting the fb be removed and they should do it for you quickly. Good luck.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply