cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for 2020 Fall Seller Update

-Buyers don’t have to return the item anymore to get a refund (seller still pays return shipping postage).

-Sellers can’t receive positive feedbacks anymore, only negatives.

-INRs are no longer reviewed based on tracking information... just the buyer’s claim.

-All best offers must be honored. Including messages to listings that have no best offer enabled.

Did I miss anything? Have a great weekend everyone.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

You forgot new simplified pricing: $1 listing fee for all items and 20% FVF for all items.   Other than that, you pretty well covered it.

Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Thanks for a few grins!
Message 3 of 37
latest reply

The current service metrics 5% should be doubled to 10% also, because sellers with a return rate higher than 0.10% need to improve!

I mean our peers all have 0% return rates crying out loud, we've all got to improve!

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

You forgot to mention ebay should cut more advertising, raise fees, and instill more draconian policies that make it impossible to sell here, because apparently there isn't enough already.

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

Your suggestions are quite constructive and will be considered seriously by the venue.
management (not leadership) had been actively trying to drive the marketplace down to the ground in the past 2 years by implanting draconian rules, invent and increase existing fees,  taking control over sellers inventory and pulling unfair policies without notice or warning, yet some sellers insist on self abuse and continue listing here more and more items.
almost all the other eCommerce sites report earning and growth while we continue to stay flat, maybe if we introduce more glitches, sales will decline even lower.

So yeah, expect more fees and new buyers protections to come soon (Tuesday of next week, maybe, or not)

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

I have some tech improvements:

• Make the big blue 'return' button a half screen drop-down.
  • Slow loading times - say to the 28k level - this enables site users to see all of that purty redrawing.
  • The competing ads are not prominent enough - have them all above the fold and the actual listing below the fold.
  • The above will enhance the Introduction of the Add-Free! feature where all adds will be eliminated for a fee of $10 per listing.  The Add-Free! Multipak as an add-on is available for a 1% discount for super savings.  

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 37
latest reply

10.jpg

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

Fees are no longer refunded to the seller when they refund 

Sellers must respond to buyer requests or they get a defect  

Sellers must comply with free shipping at the buyers request.  

Seriously just glad I don't sell anymore ha.  They need to fix protections for sellers that are gone.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 9 of 37
latest reply

They need to update the buying buttons.  This is my suggestion:

gwzcomps_0-1583079357076.png

Message 10 of 37
latest reply

• We need "Super Duper Mega Ultra Extra Promoted Listing" where we pay 5 times more to be promoted over the regular promoted listings.
  • We should have to hand deliver packages to our buyers within 3 hours of the order being placed, if we want to keep our Top Rated seller status.
  • If a buyer asks us to change the address since they are caring for a sick relative, we should be forced to do so or get a defect
  • eBay needs to be more competitive with PayPal and allow buyers 36 months to return an item for free.
  • We need to be charged $6.99 a minute for the time we spend on the phone with customer service, and an additional $20 fee if the phone rep decides that they can't help us
  • Alternatively, a Top Rated customer service support where we pay $1,000 a year to speak to someone who is only wrong 75% of the time.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

Ebay should make search far more fun! Actually as hysterically madening as can be!

If you search for example, auto parts, only the word "parts" should be considered as relevant, with one auto part per page, it's like Where's Waldo!

If you search for "vintage" or "antique" items, nothing should come up that isn't brand new. You obviously have a closed mind and need someone to expand your horizons beyond collecting old junk. Oops, how did I forget? ebay already does that! Then they can ramp it up!

Whenever you try to revert your search back to "all categories" ebay should punish you by showing you nothing but things you looked at but bypassed ever clicking on. It's time you grew up and knew your master. 

Item specifics including price could randomly change on the seller without notice, making this site far more fun!

UA legal updates and seasonal updates the sellers no longer should be notified. It just makes them worry and waste time reading and fretting over things out of their control when they should be spending their time lowering prices! 

I have far more ideas but I don't dare post them because they are so sinister they will probably be implemented immediately....

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

You are trying to RUSH my year!!!  Stop that, it goes by way to fast as it is.

It was the SPRING Seller Update that was released for 2020.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 37
latest reply

All sellers must use eBay labels, and will be charged 25% above carrier rates. Sellers in managed payments (all sellers) must pay for labels from their bank account on file. Managed payments distributions to sellers bank accounts will take place ONLY on February 29th.

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Since eBay likes exploiting cheap labor they could have a thousand monkeys on a thousand typewriters (Preferably broken) recoding the whole site. If they had the budget for infinite monkeys we might even have a functional site eventually.

Message 15 of 37
latest reply