cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no tip feature offered to buyers at checkout... come on Ebay

I would like to see a tip feature added to the checkout screen. It's everywhere else in our lives and needs to be on Ebay to offer buyers a more consistent shopping experience. 

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Increasingly, yes, it seems to be the case. I see people  tip generously for the most mundane things as if on reflex.  I tip waitstaff and such because I know a portion of their pay stems from tips and reliance on appreciation for hard work. But too many people feel they have to pay a gratuity to those who are already paid for their time. Or, did nothing more than place a cookie in a bag.

@soh.maryl wrote:

Uh, excuse me, but, other than tipping the server in the restaurant, I have NEVER felt that I had to pay more than asked.  Does that mean I am in the minority? 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 22 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Why would you want to tip your seller before even experiencing the service or receiving the product?

You buy a lovely red sweater.

It arrives 2 weeks late and it's blue.

Does the seller still get to keep the tip?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 54
latest reply

@caseypl wrote:

I would like to see a tip feature added to the checkout screen. It's everywhere else in our lives and needs to be on Ebay to offer buyers a more consistent shopping experience. 

Do you mean a Tip as in monetary compensation or do you mean Tip as in a piece of advice?

Message 3 of 54
latest reply

It was a joke, I believe.

Message 4 of 54
latest reply

I am trying hard to decide how old you are, and if it relates to this exceptionally perceptive insight in how to make Ebay more intertwined in today's society.

Whatever your age, your wisdom is evident.

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

If you're referring to monetary compensation, I can't imagine why.  It is indeed everywhere, to the point where it's become invasive.  People expecting tips because they hand you a bag of burgers and fries, or because they delivered a package to your door, or handed you your dry cleaning... it goes on and on.

If you mean tip, as in advice, you can always message the seller and tell them how they can 'improve'  your 'shopping experience'.  I think a good number of them would add you to their BBL.

Message 6 of 54
latest reply

could the king of sarcasm been duped 🤣

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

I would too...

because I would LOVE to hit the button that says 'nope-movin on....' 

Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Bad idea. That would just move sellers closer to getting a 1099-K. 

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

It’s funny, because I work a technical job and am paid commensurately for it, but people will voluntarily INSIST on tipping me, even though I did my job without ASKING for a tip, and they were billed accordingly. I always appreciate the thought behind the action, but will unilaterally decline being tipped. It does almost seem as if people today feel they HAVE to pay more than asked.

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

Monetary compensation/gratuity/the screen has a couple questions for you. 

Message 11 of 54
latest reply

I'm reporting this. It's demeaning. 

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

That is a great question, I agree. It seems like that's the norm now, but I think it's a foolish practice and if a tip is meant to reward great service, then does not tipping mean you'll get bad service? Unfortunately I think that's how many people feel... or they just don't have the courage to select no tip on the screen. 

Message 13 of 54
latest reply

Great question! 

How can I tip the OP?

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

Bad idea. That would just move sellers closer to getting a 1099-K. 

Reminds my of my Grandpa.

"I don't want to win the lottery. Do you know how much taxes I would have to pay?"   😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 15 of 54
latest reply