cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can't "Edit Shipping Cost For This Listing" over 3 years after I reported bug.

So roughly 3 years ago I started reporting that when creating a listing you could not actually override the shipping policy for the listing when making the listing, it only worked when you came back and edited the listing later.

Now, 3 years later not only is that not fixed, but now you can't seemingly edit it after the fact. It just gets kicked back with this error. "If overrides are provided for domestic shipping, you need to provide overrides for all services in domestic shipping."

Shipping policy in question had two options, and overriding both options did not get past the error message. The only thing that got past the error message was removing the local pickup option.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Still can't "Edit Shipping Cost For This Listing" over 3 years after I reported bug.

Delete/eliminate ALL 'shipping preferences' in your 'business policies. 

Sounds like you have a BP that is going to override anything/everything. 

I've NEVER had or used ANY 'policies' and have NEVER had an issue changing size/weight, cost to customer, or free ....and have changed MANY times over 13 years. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Still can't "Edit Shipping Cost For This Listing" over 3 years after I reported bug.

Yeah, sounds like a shipping policy is in effect, overriding your option.

You can find those here:

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am very well versed in shipping policies. This is not an issue caused by using them when the tool in question is the one to OVERRIDE THE SHIPPING POLICY. 

Removing the local pickup part of the equation "fixed" the second part of the problem, the first part of the problem of the override not working while making the listing (it just sits there and tries forever) remains after over 3 years. This is not limited to my account or browser, I manage accounts for several other people and this doesn't work on any of them.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The way to override one shipping policy is to make another.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:

The way to override one shipping policy is to make another.  

You are like every other person who answered failing to understand what I am talking about in the first place.

I am talking about this function right here, which worked in the old listing tool and is broken in the new listing tool. fuh.pngfuh2.png

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm going to assume the policy you're trying to override is in fact, a flat rate policy.  

I just performed an override, both domestic and international, quality checked the result and the override worked for me.  But, I use flat rate policies only.

Maybe others can perform a few overrides, that way we can better understand the issue.

The alternative is to wait another 3 years, and maybe Ebay fixes it for you.

Good luck

Message 7 of 7
latest reply