cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steam Wallet Gift Card Scam

I sent my product to buyer and they said buyer paid overpayment mistakenly. And also they said "Once we confirm SCAN THE BACK CODE AND WITH THE RECEIPT OF THE STEAM WALLET GIFT CARD of $700.00 USD from you, sand money to your account" by ebay email. is it scam?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Steam Wallet Gift Card Scam

anytime anyone asks you to do anything with gift cards, it's a scam. it's not even possible to overpay on eBay.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Of course, if you got the number off the internet,its a fake Ebay number.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@minseunle0 

Hope you didn't ship before checking to see if you were paid?

Have a great day.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I shipped cuz it was my first time ebay

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

When did you ship? If it hasn't been delivered try to use USPS Intercept to recall the package.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

i dont see that you sold anything.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

is it scam?

@minseunle0  

It sure is.  I hope you didn't fall for a "text me" scammer that sends fake payment notifications, and asks you to include a gift card or two in the parcel.  They don't pay for anything.  The want the code on the card so they can 'drain' it right away. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

It already arrived to them……. I knew it was a scam when they want me buy gift card to refund…..

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

It is a scam.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

So you shipped the item without getting a payment?  ALL payments that you received will say Ebay managed payments and you will find them in MY EBAY under SELLER. IF you do NOT see the word PAID and get ready to ship next to your sold item, you did NOT get paid.  You will NEVER ever get an email that says PAYPAL.    Buyers can use paypal, paypal sends the money to ebay, ebay takes their fees, forwards the state taxes (if any) and then the seller gets the rest.    

Now if you sent the item w/o payment, that shipped has sailed. You will NOT get a payment from them.  Hopefully, it was not a costly item and you will LEARN how to do ebay correctly.  Start by reading the many, many posts here.

Goodluck on your future sales.  Do not make contact with those scammers.  NEVER give out your phone number or email address.    In your ads, write the following, "All payments must go through the Ebay system within 4 days.  All payments will be verified in MY Ebay before I ship.  I can ONLY ship to the address that ebay provides me once I receive the payment."    

Make sure that you actually see the payment there in MY Ebay.  Never believe a buyer that tells you that they just moved .  They are lying.  You lose your seller protection if you ship to an address that is different from the one that Ebay provides.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

New seller with 2 accounts? No Feedback, sold, competed or current listings shown for this username and signed up in 2017. How long ago did this all take place, was it over 90 days? Or do you have another account? 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Where did you see signed up in 2017? Its showing September 28, 2022 on my end....hmmm

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Pardon my ignorance, but is this something that is sent electronically rather than being actually wrapped up and mailed? 

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Since they already scammed you once by getting the item from you without paying, they are going to continue to try to scam you over and over. Don't let them get you again.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply