cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spring Seller update, new starter store-anyone interested?

Is anyone thinking of switching to the starter store? I just closed my ebay store after all these years and ending some listings, as I wasn't selling enough. I think the new starter store might be interesting, just wondering if it will help me  any....

Opinions?

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Spring Seller update, new starter store-anyone interested?

@sharingthelandwrote:

jimmy, I did skim the descriptions of the Jerry Garcia listings to try to find the reasons why and I don't remember seeing "Kahn"; I'd look again but then I'll really be on the Dead mailing list, lol.

To further complicate the connection.....

Jerry Garcia had a guitar named "wolf" and Garcia & Kahn performed a song called "Dire Wolf".

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

@slippinjimmywrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

jimmy, I did skim the descriptions of the Jerry Garcia listings to try to find the reasons why and I don't remember seeing "Kahn"; I'd look again but then I'll really be on the Dead mailing list, lol.

To further complicate the connection.....

Jerry Garcia had a guitar named "wolf" and Garcia & Kahn performed a song called "Dire Wolf".

I'm doomed !

laughing

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 32 of 41
latest reply

@slippinjimmywrote:

@sharingthelandwrote:

PS - While searching using "Wolf Kahn Catalogue", I got Jerry Garcia/Grateful Dead photos.   They have so much in common.  <---mega sarcasm font

If you put "Wolf Kahn" in quotes maybe you would get different results....

Or search on wolf kahn -garcia

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

I'll try again tomorrow but I'm fairly certain there are no listings (here) of the type I'm researching, but enough other types to give me an idea on pricing.  I have some signed catalogues and monographs, albeit personally signed.  Does that affect price?

Found a Wayne Thiebaud book in my stacks that I had no idea until today is of a limited edition of 100 and signed.  That's the big dollar one.

Now, if I only had some Jerry Garcia stuff (<--humor).  I did sell some of his ties a while back, a long while back.

The Wolf Kahn paintings, of which we have more than a few, will pay for those nursing home costs...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 34 of 41
latest reply

@smileytown18wrote:

Is anyone thinking of switching to the starter store? I just closed my ebay store after all these years and ending some listings, as I wasn't selling enough. I think the new starter store might be interesting, just wondering if it will help me  any....

Opinions?

I am a small part time seller, the 50 free with the ability to schedule start times is IMO the best feature.

Vacations are generally planned in advance…Unexpected events short term can be managed by back up crew…If I kick the bucket with sales or items listed… Well I won’t be worrying and doubt my family will either!!.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

@ebbyismewrote:

Ok, I admit I didn't read every response.... because... well I am just too lazy...

You get 50 more listings, Markdown manager and vacation.... the way I always figure it is.... if you can't get a lot more then $5 dollars in profit a month, from twice as many listings and added selling tools.... maybe you shouldn't be selling to begin with..... so if you are contemplating a starter store and are going to use it fully, it easily should pay for the expense.... if you don't want a store then you shouldn't pay for it..... seems easy....

Well my store used to pay itself out... but right now its not worth it. And since I had yearly subscription, I ended it before it renewed. But with store prices going up, and sales down.... Since I usually have around 100 listings running, I'm thinking to go with it

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

I have a basic store at $24.95 per month and three non-store accounts for a total of 400 fixed price listings per month.  I am not going to pay $27.95 for a basic store when I can get the same bang for the buck with four starter stores for $19.80 per month on a yearly plan especially since Auctions are of no value to me.  The small difference in FVFs will not amount to $8 per month.   

I'll probably cancel my basic store this month (as I do every year) and convert it and one other account to starter stores in May and wait a few months before making a decision on my other two accounts.  

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Not after May 1, 2018, look at the new rules going into effect (3rd bullet point from the bottom):

"At any given time you can only have one active Stores subscription across all sites."

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms.html
Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@brandibeach wrote:
Not after May 1, 2018, look at the new rules going into effect (3rd bullet point from the bottom):

"At any given time you can only have one active Stores subscription across all sites."

Use different ID's

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

@brandibeach wrote:

That policy is not new; it's been around for ages.  You can see it in the current active version of the TOS, which was last updated in May 2016.  

https://pages.ebay.com/stores/subscriptionterms2017.html

I have never heard of it being enforced.  I think it might mean that each eBay ID can have a Store subscription in just one country; not that a person can't have multiple IDs each with a Store.

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

Good to know, thank you:)
Message 41 of 41
latest reply