cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold a Laptop to highest bidder, they wont pay and wont answer messages???

Why should I have to wait for 5 days for a buyer to pay me that out bid the other guy by 5 dollars. I have sent multiple invoices and sent multiple messages politely asking when they will be making payment for this purchase... they are not going to pay obviously. The buyer will not answer me at all. Funny this person sure had no problem sending me messages to offer me a price after they placed a bid to try and steel or stop this auction and sell it to them now. I did not want to stop my auction to sell for them for the price they offered so this is their revenge I guess. There should be a better rule here eBay???, and I may go through this again once I wait for 5 days and start a new auction??? A bid should be more binding how is this protecting sellers??? As a matter a fact this is ridiculous and eBay does nothing to these people at all, WHY??? This is making auctions a thing of the past as more people will list buy it now...seems to me this is a bad thing would you agree???

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

actually I thnk its good thing.the new UPI process is hands down much better...half as many steps now

if you cant deal with unpaid items then list it for buy it now with immmediate payment

if you take the easy way out and cancel with address problems then that is lame

you really need to wait the 4 days.after 96 hours or so it can be canceled  with a click  immediately

when you cancel a listing for non payment it does give the deabeat a strike for a year

two of these strikes can disable a bidder or  buyer from some listings that are up to avoid deadbeats

the strikes really do work.its best to just cancel on day 4-5

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

That's nice

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Make sure to add this Buyer to your Blocked Buyer List.

It is frustrating and it seems we are all dealing with non-paying buyers.  It is important to be patient, wait the 4 day waiting period and let it close with a strike.  Otherwise, the Buyer will keep doing this to others.

Good luck with better future sales, stay safe!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

This really does not solve anything. If I was a manager at eBay I would make it to where the buyer had to pay right away on a auction especially. Not a very good answer to this at all and not a solution my friend. This is a good way for buyers to hold your item up because maybe they are selling something the same or trying to scramble for money they do not have. Why not just make them pay right away, answer that one???

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your suggestion but....I been doing this for 10 years plus I can guarantee you they will be added to my do not buy list which is over flowing with people like this. This does not solve the problem??? Having to wait for 4 days on a auction placed bid for no payment is just awful. They should be made to pay right away or do not bid if you do not have money to pay with. Also the buyer could be trying to get your item off the market so they can sell their item for a higher price that they have listed. This is just miss management period.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Do not disagree.  Add them to the BBL sooner vs later to avoid other purchases.

E-Bay is evidently working on implementing an automatic payment mechanism, but it will be early 2022 sometime, based on what little was shared at e-bay live.  At least that is encouraging.

This is a posting ID - 18 years here in Nov.  We too get frustrated with NPBs.  But the strikes do work.  If you look at your Buyer Mgmt page, you'll be surprised how well.

Good luck with your 2nd offer!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

This really does not solve anything. If I was a manager at eBay I would make it to where the buyer had to pay right away on a auction especially. Not a very good answer to this at all and not a solution my friend. This is a good way for buyers to hold your item up because maybe they are selling something the same or trying to scramble for money they do not have. Why not just make them pay right away, answer that one???

But you're not a manager at eBay, so it doesn't work the way you think it should. eBay has clearly documented how it WILL work, and that info was available to you before you listed your item. At that time, you had the option to TOTALLY eliminate the possibility that the buyer wouldn't pay, but you went another way, even though you've been around long enough to know that buyers don't have to pay immediately, and that only a few months ago, you would have had to wait 6 days instead of only 4.

eBay isn't obligated to provide a solution that makes you happy.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Unfortunately not having immediate payment required for auctions is a legacy leftover from times gone by. Maybe someday eBay will fix this and relieve both the sellers and eBay from having to deal with these. Just let it ride out it's course and after 5 days eBay will automatically close the order and the buyer will receive a strike for the UPI case. The UPI's appear to be increasing as of late for some reason. I know it's a pain to have to have the item tied up for 5 days while you wait for the case to close. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Ebay should enact a policy when an item is not paid within the allotted time period the buyer should be charged 25% of the sale price, this money taken from there account, and given to the seller.  This would stop all of these buyers who don't pay.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I have sent multiple invoices and sent multiple messages politely asking when they will be making payment for this purchase..

@paullee707 

Basically, you don't have to do that.  eBay sends the "reminders" to pay for you.  Anything you add in the way of messages is redundant and very likely annoying. 

A couple of weeks ago, I made a couple of offers on products from the same seller.  Then I went to the grocery store.  When I came back, the offers were accepted, and I got three rather haughty messages from the seller saying that I needed to pay, and when was I planning to do so.  The time stamps indicated these were sent to me five minutes after my offers were accepted.  In a hurry much?   Annoying....yes. 

If you want immediate payment, list your item as Buy it Now with Immediate Payment Required.  Then you only have to wait the additional days for eBay to play around with the money until they send it to your bank.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@paullee707 wrote:

I'll answer it.

Because they may not be at the computer when the auction ends, so would be impossible to pay immediately.

Just cancel - buyer did not pay - and move on.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 12
latest reply