cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold Prison TV

I was notified that my RCA prison TV sold but in my ad I clearly stated that the buy has to come pick up the item and that it's a cash transaction. How do I resolve this issue since the buyer's location isn't listed? I can't afford to ship. The ad also stated that it was for locals in LV Nv. I don't make any money if I have to ship it because it sold for less than $20 when it was listed for $150 but would take $100.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Sold Prison TV

@dabroyl_0 wrote:

I was notified that my RCA prison TV sold but in my ad I clearly stated that the buy has to come pick up the item and that it's a cash transaction. How do I resolve this issue since the buyer's location isn't listed? I can't afford to ship. The ad also stated that it was for locals in LV Nv. I don't make any money if I have to ship it because it sold for less than $20 when it was listed for $150 but would take $100.

On EVERY sale I have ever made the buyer's name and address was prominently shown.

And by the way:

"but in my ad I clearly stated that the buy has to come pick up the item"

TV.jpg

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

That listing has a shipping option and no local pick up.

When the buyer pays, box it up and ship it.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

@dabroyl_0 wrote:

I can't afford to ship. 

Then make the buyer pay the shipping

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

@dabroyl_0 

All I can advise is you can't ship it due to whatever you can cancel the sale.  The only thing is you may get a ding and your account appears to be fairly new.  You need to update your shipping preferences because it does state you would ship it,  it doesn't state local pick up only, it reads standard shipping, so that's on you.  Just a suggestion.  If you do choose to ship, make sure you pack it up safe as it already looks like it's got some wear and tear on it.  Congrats on your sale.

Happy Holidays

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

You sold the TV for $18.50 plus shipping. Your listing was not for local pick up only. 
You cannot ask your buyer for more money after the auction has ended, it’s against eBay policy. 
So when the buyer pays, you ship. If you didn’t charge enough for shipping , you the seller must pay the  difference . 
In the future, price your items for the lowest price you are willing to take on the item and price your shipping charges accurately.

Your item says it is located in Nevada, that is where you are shipping from.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

Part of your problem is that it looks like you used an AI generated description. A buyer would have to read through all the fluff to get to to the part where you state you do not ship. I had a hard time reading though it. But maybe if they read it, it might have prompted a question from the buyer. But as others have stated, you selected the wrong shipping option.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

You need to go back to the drawing board and learn how to set up a listing.

Apart from not having listed it as Local pickup only, you also say "asking $150" which you were NOT. You had it as an auction starting at $10.50. You also can't say will accept $100 cash.

You should have listed it as fixed price at $150 with or best offer and set the accept level at $100.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

@dabroyl_0 

16.jpg

I don't see anywhere in your listing where you said this for for Local Pickup only.  Not on the description page and not on the shipping page, copied above.  In fact you put in a $$ amount for shipping which the buyer will have to pay when they submit their payment.  So you should be covered for the shipping costs.

Note the above amount of shipping is likely not the amount the buyer will be paying you unless they are in my zip code.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

You sold it for $18.50.

You showed shipping cost.  It's only if I read the total description that I see you want it to be local pickup.

You are probably going to have to cancel and takr a ding.

You need to read more about listing and selling.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

Ebay is not Craigs List.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

Where did your find this? I don't know where to go to find things like this on ebay. I am not sure how or where to find it and I need help to navigate it. Thanks for the information and help.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

@dabroyl_0 wrote:

Where did your find this? I don't know where to go to find things like this on ebay. I am not sure how or where to find it and I need help to navigate it. Thanks for the information and help.

It is part of your listing.  There are two pages.  The page with the description and pics and the page with the shipping info.  See the two tabs in the pic.

16.jpg

The tabs appear just ABOVE your ISBs [item specific boxes].

The shipping info has to be info you entered when you created the listing.  And when the buyer pays, they will have to pay that amount for their location for the shipping.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

@dabroyl_0 wrote:

Scroll down on ANY listing and you will see a 'Shipping' tab- click the tab. (is BEFORE the description)

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Sold Prison TV

In future.

When you list anything, read the Sell Your Item page carefully before hitting Upload.

Then.

Go to Preview before hitting Upload.

Read BOTH pages of your listing.

Then

Go back and hit Upload.

And don't use either "Sell one like this" or the very new AI descriptions.  They are not selling what you are selling.

If you find that you get a Defect on this transaction, you should know that you can have multiple accounts. If this one is poisoned, just use it as a Buying account and open a new Selling account with the lessons you have learned.

Best wishes.

PS-- is that really a PRISON tv?  did you mean a PRISM tv? pretty weird brand otherwise.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply