cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold 3000$ MacBook Pro.buyer scammed me

Sold my MacBook.sent it off .with tracking and signature confirmation and everything.buyer clames he received empty box.long story short. He got a free MacBook and the money 3000$.be careful. Buyers protection is insane 

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

That is one of the riskiest categories here to sell in.

You may have had better luck if before listing, you had come here to be witnessed...

I'm sure there are many here who would have been willing to declare you witnessed before listing.  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 2 of 56
latest reply

Sad but true.

When I saw this thread, it was like this has become so commonplace what could I even post that mattered.

It seems others thought the same because it only had your reply and quickly sank to page 3.

Message 3 of 56
latest reply

Not seeing any $3000 Macbook sale in your sold items-? You do have a Neg from a few months back for some disaster with an $1800 Macbook. What happened there? Why would you want to come back and sell an even more expensive one after that? Was this latest sale actually through Ebay?

For a $3K loss Id be filiing police reports & mail fraud reports & everything else i could think of. Also maybe a road trip to the buyers address if its worth the time & money to do that.

Message 4 of 56
latest reply

Witness!

*sigh*

I didn't even have to read the OP ... The word "MacBook" posted by a seller with less than 100 Feedback actually says everything 😞

Why does eBay allow (nay, encourage) new sellers (and sellers that don't normally sell electronics) to even list $3000 MacBooks?

*sigh*

Witness!

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 56
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

That is one of the riskiest categories here to sell in.

You may have had better luck if before listing, you had come here to be witnessed...

I'm sure there are many here who would have been willing to declare you witnessed before listing.  😄

Totally need a thread strictly to 'Witness'. LOL  And person asking should always end or begin their post with this video.

I knew I had to ask him about the mysteries of life
He spit between his boots and he replied
"It's faster horses, younger women,
Older whiskey, and more money"
Message 6 of 56
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

Witness!

*sigh*

I didn't even have to read the OP ... The word "MacBook" posted by a seller with less than 100 Feedback actually says everything 😞

Why does eBay allow (nay, encourage) new sellers (and sellers that don't normally sell electronics) to even list $3000 MacBooks?

*sigh*

Witness!

300.00 in fees, that's why.

Another trip for Luigi and Guido Collection Agency!

Message 8 of 56
latest reply

The MacBook is valued at 3000$ sold it for 1800 .he clams I sent empty box
Message 9 of 56
latest reply

I have done police report and everything the same day this happened
Message 10 of 56
latest reply

The MacBook is value at 3000.sold it for 1800
Message 11 of 56
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

Another trip for Luigi and Guido Collection Agency!

Shotgun.

Message 12 of 56
latest reply

Do a contact info request through ebay and try to reach out to them via phone / mail / etc & let them know you'll pursue everything legally, etc...

Message 13 of 56
latest reply

I have done and said everything.this in not their first time scamming.i have no choice but to sell on eBay because this is my only income.thank you guys for your opinion
Message 14 of 56
latest reply

@alwinter3 wrote:

Sold my MacBook.sent it off .with tracking and signature confirmation and everything.buyer clames he received empty box.long story short. He got a free MacBook and the money 3000$.be careful. Buyers protection is insane 

That is theft.  FIle a report with the local constabulary post haste.  If their intent was to defraud you, it's mail fraud, and a federal crime.   I doubt this is the first or last time they will do this, and if there is a paper trail of previous instances, it may prompt a closer look by LE.

Message 15 of 56
latest reply