cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A " watcher" question

I don't put much credence in the watchers on my items  but   just realized that on  some items I'm selling the " watch count" is there for all to see when they view the item.

Quick comparison to some other similar items by other sellers...some show the watch count, some don't.  

Curious if an item has to have a certain amount of watchers...say maybe 5 or over now...then it automatically is now viewable to anyone that looks at the item ?  

I had another item of mine I looked at last night, without logging in, and it did not show my watchers...now it shows 8 which is correct per My Ebay .

Last I  checked early yesterday ( in My Ebay )  it only had 4 and the watch count was not visible to all .

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

A " watcher" question

Buy it now listings show the amount of watchers.

Have you got buy it now listings ?

@tatertot2u57

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

yeah, I realize that's the way it's been in the past but no I don't and many of the other  sellers am seeing it on don't either.    

I guess it's kinda good for the potential bidders to see that, makes the possible competition look like it could be tough.  lol  ( I have 48 watchers on one of mine after only 2 days running.)

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

So, are you saying you see the watchers on auction listings ?

I haven't seen watchers on auction listings, only seen watchers on buy it now listings.

@tatertot2u57

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

Yep, exactly.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

Yep, you're right.

I've just looked at some auctions and I can see the watchers, must be something new ( ish ) I haven't seen it before.

@tatertot2u57

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

Hey Madison,   interestingly enough I just checked a buy it now and does NOT show the watchers !

Only buyer satisfaction, how many were sold and the % of how many were sold.  

I really think it must be a threshold of like when you get over 5 watchers or so ...new to me too .

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

Yep, you're right again.

Just looked at some buy it now listings and only showing what you have said.

Things have changed, I didn't even know about it until you posted about watchers.

@tatertot2u57

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

There have always been watchers in auction format. You can use this link to see how many and who you've got to beat....   http://www.watchcount.com/mw2.php

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

A " watcher" question

I know about that site, but we are talking about ebay..

Message 10 of 10
latest reply