cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I notice there is now zero customer service for sellers

I tried calling the 800 number and it just sends you to someplace else . 
OK I need to know if anybody else is having the issue that it is zero possibility to get a hold at a human being at Ebay when you’re experiencing an issue. I tried calling the normal number that I do where you can normally talk to a human being and it doesn’t seem to be possible anybody else experience the same?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: So I notice there is now zero customer service for sellers

Terrible just terrible customer support eBay Shame on You!

I've been selling on eBay for over 15 yrs...just get worse as time goes on 

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

is there still the chat option available on ebay? they should at a minimum have that available but have they gotten rid of that too?

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

What do you do to get eBay to call you? I have used their 877# with only a referral to their self help pages. I appreciate your response.  fourblessingsnc

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

It appears that eBay no longer offers human customer service to sellers. Their automated bot takes the seller into an infinite circle and may only offer chance to send an email.
There is no promise from eBay to respond to that email sent by seller.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

@wwii_buff2011 

You may be better off asking your question here to get suggestions from experienced users.

To contact eBay, use the chat assistant that you reach from the Help & Contact page to request a chat with an agent or a call back.

What options you see may depend on your particular issue and how busy that department is at the moment.

Try entering "agent" into the chat window. You may have to provide some context to reach the correct department. If you see a "Still need help?" or "More options" choice, either of those should lead to a call back option.

If nothing else works, try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Is this regarding the same problem you asked about on 05/23/23?

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

Good try.

I've been an eBay seller for over 12 years and am very versed in using eBay's help services.

Their implementation of AI chat for help and that call back option is no longer visibile is clear indication that eBay is reducing their reliance on human agents to the greatest extent possible.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

that call back option is no longer visibile

That option is visible for me when using that link, right now.

eburtonlab_0-1702502800048.png

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Stop telling people that.  it is not true.  It is a half truth at best.   I have used the "agent" method for trying to reach customer service and I get told some one will call me.  Still waiting......

and the automated system its a joke to begin with.  The fact that anyone thought that was useful to begin with shows bays total lack of concern for sellers.   

AND IF YOU GET A CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT  the language barrier is going to make it difficult or almost impossible to get real help.   

Ebay demands great customer service from the sellers that use its platform but won't deliver the same service themselves. 

And as for  asking the question here, from the community ,  Good luck.   I did that this morning and I'm still waiting.  I've got work to do.  I've got packages to ship. I paid ebay over 90k in fees last year so I can have problems that never have answers on a buggy system. I feel like a 1920's share cropper who gets a horrible deal from his landlord but has no other place to go.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

a few minutes, some times days, some times never. 

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@partsalot1 

Old thread 2023

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

It seems like someone with your eBay experience would know that, when you ask a question here, you aren't addressing eBay or its employees.

These boards are mainly made up of fellow eBayers, experienced sellers and buyers, who volunteer their time here to answer questions when we can.

We don't jump to answer your questions.  Getting kids on the school bus, clocking in at work, feeding the dog/cat may take precedence over your question.   We also may have work to do and packages to ship.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply