cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So I got a "Missing parts or pieces" return request

So I got a "Missing parts or pieces" return request and I'm slightly perplexed.

Info from the buyer
Reason

Missing parts or pieces
Comments

This is only half of what is necessary to hold tablet. Will not hold tablet.

My ad clearly states

"Adapter Plate Only,  Part 45 Mobile Device Holder, Samsong Galaxy, DJI Transmitter not included."

What's really funny, I have images of the product holding a Samsung Tablet and he is only saying the part that is missing is the tablet holder?

So, should I go ahead and just send the re-fund or fight this with eBay?  Clearly the buyer is either trying to rip me off or just failed to read the discription.  Either way I'll probably get a negitive feedback and forced to refund either via eBay or Paypal.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: So I got a "Missing parts or pieces" return request

Id call their bluff and copy and paste the listing description and tell them to send it back. I refuse to give people free stuff

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

I'd suggest asking them to return for a refund, do so upon recieving item back and modify your listing.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

So you only sold the green part and not the white part that is shown ? If so, I can easily see miscommunication. You need to revise your description and somehow show folks they only get the cheap plastic green part and all other pieces need to be purchased separately for the thing to function.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

So I suppose that if he demanded the tablet and the Mavic controller which is also in another image?  The ad clearly states, "Adapter Plate Only,  Part 45 Mobile Device Holder, Samsung Galaxy, DJI Transmitter not included".

I think not and feel the buyer failed to read the ad properly.  However, I have decided to go ahead and issue a refund even though the buyer has now threatened negitive feedback which I already expected

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Only picture what the buyer will receive.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

The buyer may have seen/noticed something like this...

Adapter Plate Only,  Part 45 Mobile Device Holder, Samsung Galaxy, DJI Transmitter not included.

IF you are listing an item in which something pictured is not included, IT can help to make what is not included to stand out

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@3d-styx

It sounds like maybe you do not want advice to help prevent this problem from happening again. Purpose of the post ?

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I have to admit, I'm looking at the listing in question and I find it very confusing.  Which part is the part you're actually selling and which parts AREN'T included?  The white part?  The green part?  The listing doesn't make that clear at all.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

No, not at all coolections.  I'm wrote the listing and in my opnion it was very clear as to what is being offered.  I will refine the listing so that it is very clear taking the images of the tablet holder out and replacing with different images of just the adaptor.  If I leave an image that shows the complete assembly I will state below the image what is only included with the purchase.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

It's confusing because most of the photos show an entire set up instead of having only one photo showing a set up for reference, and all the other photos showing only the item available. It's also a "busy" listing, so the text saying you only get one part gets kind of lost.

As for what to do about the current situation, OP you can try to fight it but eBay would likely side with the buyer. If you're comfortable accepting the return, then do so. It will minimize your losses and you can re-sell the item upon receipt.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Agreed; I think one photo showing the full set up would be fine to show potential buyers how the device functions, but the rest of the photos should focus on whichever piece is being sold.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

The other thing I would suggest, since it says that many colors are available, is to have one photo show a color reference guide. And since black is the "default" color, that should be in most of the photos instead of the green one.

It would be great to set it up as a variation listing for the color choices, but that may not be possible in that category.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

It's now revied and should clearly state the item for sale in the ad.  Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions.  I am comforatable with a refund and have since refunded the buyer the full amount.  I messaged him stating that he can keep the item and pass it on to another modeler in the spirit of modeling.  My costs for the item are just to minimal to have him ship back.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply