cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Sales .Uh is there anybody out there ? .

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

All 3 of my accounts are down about 83% from last December.

It is,  what it is.    

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

2020 would not be the year to compare to, online shopping was the only safe way to shop in most cases because of lockdowns.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Natural disasters, world-wide pandemic, social strife, clear weather on the last weekend before the big commercial excuse for living a material life.  Maybe people have decided they can't afford or aren't even searching for what you sell?

Last year has nothing to do with reality so I wouldn't compare 2021 to 2020 sales.

My sales hit a wall on 12/1 so I finally blasted everything with watchers and closed an additional 2000 items last week.  I relisted all of it a few days ago and things seemed to have gotten better.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Pricey, non-giftable items may be the reason.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Have a sale or use best offer otherwise no sales.  I don't sell high end stuff but I know how to sell fast.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Yes.  They are all buying on the Behemoth.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

So what are you doing to promote yourself?  Facebook, social groups, Twitter, what?  You have to place ads on your products to increase views.  And some views will become sales. 

A lot of small sellers list on eBay and think that works all by itself.  It doesn't especially in oversaturated categories.

You need to Advertise.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

My sales were doing minimally better all year since I was trying to make money, until about Dec. 1.  I haven't been here long, a couple years, but usually December was great, seemed like it was great for everybody. Not this year. I'm starting to think I either need to leave ebay and push all my inventory to AMZ or just quit. If no one's biting, it's just time to move on...

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

So you had a decent year and one bad month and that's a big deal? Maybe it is time to quit because that's how sales work.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

You may not have sold many items in December, but the dollar amount is good.  I know I would be happy.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

Yes.  They are all buying on the Behemoth.

Oh, without a doubt. Searching on eBay has just become too much like hard work. You may THINK you are seeing all the choices available, but you are not. eBay has just massacred the categories. And quite frankly, search fail is one reason shoppers would rather float down the river, than drown in the 'bay. 🥴

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Steady sales here, but I also sell Christmas stuff/Christmas giftable stuff, which I suspect makes a huge difference.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

To add, I had three different buyers specifically indicate to me that they were purchasing gifts (asking me not to include anything showing the price, asking if they could pay extra to upgrade to Priority to make sure it arrived on time for a gift exchange, etc.).

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

To add, I had three different buyers specifically indicate to me that they were purchasing gifts (asking me not to include anything showing the price, asking if they could pay extra to upgrade to Priority to make sure it arrived on time for a gift exchange, etc.).

Congrats on the sales!!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 15 of 16
latest reply