cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Ebay sales lately

Are there anyone having slow sales lately , just checking to see if i'm doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Re: Slow Ebay sales lately

Hey! I've been on eBay for 20 years and I've had my main account for 10 years. A few months ago I had problems with two customers and eBay dropped my rating to below standard. For 3 months now I have had excellent no problem sales.

And it is still below standard.

And I realized that if I don't put like 3,4 listings on a day they actually minimize your sales and listings.

So, I am going to call eBay today and ask some questions, maybe I will get some answers, but hopefully sales will go up for everybody and realize that they go down also.

So don't give up, keep your listings revised, end your old Listings, then sell similar, that seems to work sometimes.

Message 61 of 81
latest reply

Had items actually get bids tonight with no watchers and even no views. Something is messed up with that. Not sure how you can bid without viewing an item.

When eBay stopped counting robot views, their own views and our own views of our listings, the number of Views overall dropped 40-60%, according to eBay.

What also seems to have been exposed  is that the Views count drags well behind the actual viewing.

This confirms to me my suspicion that Views are mostly there to make sellers feel happy that they are being seen.

Viewers view.

Watchers watch.

Only Buyers buy.

There is no real value to making the Views appear more quickly, since Views have no great effect on purchasing.

Message 62 of 81
latest reply

@fallgold4031 wrote:

In my opinion, I think the market for collectable items, things like airline and railroad items, is gradually declining.  When I started about 8 years ago, collectable items sold really well.  But younger folks are not really into collecting like they used to be.   

They are, they just don't collect the same things. I sell loads of collectibles that are popular with younger buyers.

Message 63 of 81
latest reply

It’s the economic reality of life currently: High gas prices, it may cut down on some shopping but people have to eat and work still…inflation,  general political and economic uncertainty,  plus increased competition on eBay from sellers who joined seller ranks in pandemic years.  Selling a video game? Check number of r ival listings…many in the hundreds.  Who doesn’t need a second gig these days just to get by? Well if they don’t , their not reading this anyway. Also some  folk getting out of selling, and dropping their prices to liquidate. Some competitively priced seasonal clothing sellers may be doing OK , not my gig, but don’t compare sales to 2020 or even 2021 , those days are n over. I sold 60-70 DVDs a day in 2020 now approx 3 or 4. I would advise sellers to diversify and as the old saying goes “list to last” …eBay algorithms rewards active sellers engaging with the marketplace. 

Message 64 of 81
latest reply

LOLOL Nice try. Its more the policies of a feckless administration that destroys everything it touches. 

Message 65 of 81
latest reply

Yes, worst week I've ever had on eBay. I have 25 items listed now, and only 3 have bids and all auctions end 1 day from now. Same type of vintage items I usually sell and that have done well in the past, so the only difference is the tanking economy, high shipping costs, and maybe the time of year (July 2022)? Very discouraging!!!

Message 66 of 81
latest reply

I since they added the boost option my sales are super down. it takes longer to sell. Im considering using another platform. My friend whose sons only job is resales has switched platforms

jen

Message 68 of 81
latest reply

Been very slow lately. Listing views down a lot. In the past few weeks I've increase my listing by a couple of hundred and views are still way down. I've had to start selling on other platforms to help make up for the declining sales.

Message 69 of 81
latest reply

Yep - sales are down across the board with ebay since they made all the changes internally. This happens every time they do major updates- the whole platform "breaks".  This last update with the views has been especially bad for sellers.  Its as if all the other systems used the views data  to function (search/ seller account health/advertising/etc) and someone forgot to tell those dept teams that they were going to eliminate all that data stream....... so the whole system is dying. with incorrect data to formulate- it just does not know what to do.   The search has gotten 3x worse and irrelevant and flooded with promoted listings that have absolutely nothing to do with the search query- that does NOT drive conversion and sales, only buyer frustration.

Basically this is a self inflicted wound that ebay imposed on itself and its customer (sellers) out of sheer incompetence.   That is what happens when your business model is to contract out to the cheapest off-shore programmers.  Garage in- garbage out.    

Message 70 of 81
latest reply

Why does Ebay keep changing things all the time ?

Message 71 of 81
latest reply

Ebay policy are so sided against sellers it is insane.  I got scammed again and 100 percent evidence yet I  still lost.  F ebay. I am selling and done with it 

Message 72 of 81
latest reply

Granted it I only have 55 items for sale currently, I have not had a sale in over 3 weeks! It's crazy. I've been a seller since 2007 and sales have definitely declined over the years, but this is the worst. Lots of watchers, but not lots of buyers. Frustrating. I don't really want to have to switch platforms because I notice a lot sits on Postmark when I'm watching something there. I think it's a combo of inflation and a terribly managed database on Ebay's part. I mean, you would think they'd want sellers to sell so that they could get their profit? Super discouraged, but gonna put up more volume & hang in there while working some other avenues.

Message 73 of 81
latest reply

Absolutely, I have found that that t he micro managers at  eBay with  too much time on their hands will do everything possible to ruin sales for sellers.

Message 74 of 81
latest reply

This 2022 holiday selling season has been t he WORST ever.  No national ads run by eBay whatsoever did not help.

Message 75 of 81
latest reply