cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slipping business card in packaging?

Are we allowed to include business cards in our packaging? I have had multiple buyers asking if I have a business card and I don't put them in any of my listings or store description to avoid breaking any policies. 

Would I get into trouble if I start including my business card to my physical store, personal website and eBay in packages?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Slipping business card in packaging?

Yes you’re allowed to put a business card in with your package.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

As far as I know, it’s not against eBay rules. After all, the buyer already has your name and address and possibly your phone no. too after purchasing something from you.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@goldenring.llc wrote:

Are we allowed to include business cards in our packaging?

Yes. 

@goldenring.llc wrote:

Would I get into trouble if I start including my business card to my physical store, personal website and eBay in packages?

No.

Once your sale is concluded, you have an existing business relationship with your buyer, and can communicate in future however you like.

One big point to add here: This is not a license to arrange off-eBay sales of items you already have on eBay. An item listed on eBay needs to sell through eBay. You can arrange your own sales of other items as long as none of those future transactions use the eBay site.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thank you for the fast reply! This gives me piece of mind that I'm not violating any policies. I was reading the link policy - Links policy | eBay and they never mentioned about physical business cards, so I wasn't sure 🙂

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Unless eBay start packing and posting my items I'm free to add anything I want to my parcels.

As long as it's legal of course.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@goldenring.llc 

I get business cards with my orders all the time.  Once you've made a transaction, I believe it's perfectly fine.  Just don't add your phone number on the card.  Negative experiences on my end for adding phone numbers.  Again, just my experience.

Happy Selling

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@goldenring.llc wrote:

Thank you for the fast reply! This gives me piece of mind that I'm not violating any policies. I was reading the link policy - Links policy | eBay and they never mentioned about physical business cards, so I wasn't sure 🙂

I designed business cards last night. I included the link to my eBay store and my eBay User ID. I don't actually have my own website, but I thought the card might be an easy way to remember where they got something and put the card aside to look at items later.

C.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@ckimodog wrote:

@goldenring.llc 

I get business cards with my orders all the time.  Once you've made a transaction, I believe it's perfectly fine.  Just don't add your phone number on the card.  Negative experiences on my end for adding phone numbers.  Again, just my experience.

Happy Selling

I put my PO Box address in Canada on my cards, but no phone number. I don't want to invite phone calls.

C.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

You can sell anything you want to the buyer as long as the buyer uses your personal site and not ebay for communication on all future purchases.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

You are allowed to put your phone number on your business card. Your phone number is included in the eBay transaction details already and the buyer can see it. Of course, I have a business phone number from GoDaddy linked to my personal cell phone so I can tell if a call is for business purposes.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@greatmidwestcoin wrote:

You are allowed to put your phone number on your business card. Your phone number is included in the eBay transaction details already and the buyer can see it. Of course, I have a business phone number from GoDaddy linked to my personal cell phone so I can tell if a call is for business purposes.

Can you post a screen shot (with details blurred out) of where the buyer can see a seller's phone number? I just went to look at both emails and purchase history for a recent purchase and I can't see the seller's phone number.

One buyer in particular kept sending me his phone number and pestering me to call. I'm presuming if my phone number were available he would have called instead of asking me 4 or 5 times to give it to him.

I think there was a time where you could get a seller's phone number, but I don't think that's the case now. I know for certain you can get a buyer's phone number because I have to include it on all international shipments.

C.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@sin-n-dex I believe in Settings, under Communications with Buyers, you have the option to share or not share your phone number with buyers. 

It's worded strangely, so I'm assuming that's what it means:  "What your buyers can do... Share your phone number"

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

This is not a license to arrange off-eBay sales of items you already have on eBay.

This is not a license to arrange off-eBay sales of items you already have on eBay.

Bears repeating.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Bears repeating.

? I don't believe anyone on this thread ever said it was.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 15
latest reply