cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should a sellers feedback score be a criteria when buyers search for an item?

Maybe a box to check "sellers with 100% feedback" or perhaps the results could have "sort by highest feedback"?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Should a sellers feedback score be a criteria when buyers search for an item?

Agreed, I found 2 buyers this year, one of my negative feedback comments actually described the item and they kept the item 😂 ebay wouldn't remove it. I went for years without a neg because we don't sell in volume the negs look nasty on our %.  For some to suggest this is living in a glass house. Be careful what you wish for🤔

Message 31 of 56
latest reply

Re: Should a sellers feedback score be a criteria when buyers search for an item?

No, absolutely not. But it does to some extent have that.

And other then that I really don´t care about it that much. Since I do not sell here on Ebay.

Message 32 of 56
latest reply

BAD IDEA.

1. Good sellers may not have 100 feedback because of something like courier mistake, wrong item, etc.

2. Scammers can just buy and sell from themselves and get 100 feedback with couple cheap item transactions.

3. Trolls, competition and everything else would try to tarnish your account in any way possible to remove that 100 percent feedback.

4. Feedback extortion would surge.

5. New sellers would have problems selling anything.

6. Buying accounts would have 100 percent feedback and could sell something and be on top until they get that 1st negative.

And probably many many more problems that both sellers and buyers would encounter. 

Personally i have 1 negative from a buyer from refused to return an item or even open a case... 

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

I feel even ebay finally acknowledged that feedback was pretty much worthless when they removed it as a potential defect.

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

You know how when a member here posts that they received an unjust negative and everyone else chimes in and says “Make sure you write a good and nice enough reply to that feedback so future buyers will read it and be able to dismiss the feedback as frivolous.”

Well you can throw that out the window if this filter is created. It will render the content of the seller reply useless. Sellers will lose the opportunity to defend themselves.

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

Well that whole idea went south real quick. 

Message 36 of 56
latest reply

@forward-motion wrote:

Well that whole idea went south real quick. 

...so eBay will have that in operation by a week from Thursday... 😁

Message 37 of 56
latest reply

Message 6: I found several listings all with about the same price and shipping so my decision was going to be based on feedback. I looked at about 10 listings and 10 feedbacks and made my decision. I wish there was a shortcut to do that.

Here is a shortcut for listings in the Fixed-Price and Buy-It-Now format for the same brand and manufacturer part number. Click on Sold. Buy from one of the sellers who has sold the most. Their listing will display 50 sold or 100 sold.

It is not worthwhile save a dollar by:
a) Placing a bid and waiting a week for the auction to end.
b) Click on Buy-It-Now from an amateur who may to slow to ship and pack poorly.
c) Waste time browsing listings and checking feedback.

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

I am careful about the feedback - I saw feedback on a seller that was ridiculous yesterday - the buyer said they expected shipment on a Saturday after buying on Friday afternoon and the sellers turnaround time is 2 business days.  I am surprised eBay left that up.   So as a mostly buyer now, I read the details and make my own decision.   

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

In theory for a buyer this would be a good thing but...

We all know how a good seller can have their FB bombed by a scammy buyer..

When I shop, I find items first, then price (being sure to check shipping) and then look at seller FB.

I always investigate the FB even if it's 100% because as we know, a person can collect 100 positive FB as a BUYER and then start selling- we have no clue what type of seller they will be..

I've bought some of my best items from brand new sellers and from sellers with FB dings (that were unfair and/or unwarranted). I knew I was taking a chance on the newbies but I like to give newbies a break.. 

It's been a nice discussion to read through @inhawaii so Thanks for posting it.. 

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 40 of 56
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I feel even ebay finally acknowledged that feedback was pretty much worthless when they removed it as a potential defect.

Exactly.

I mean, when you see negs for the color of packing peanuts or because Fedex left the package in the rain, it's easy to see that feedback isn't all it appears to be. One needs to read the actual comment, and even then it can be misleading, like mine was.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 41 of 56
latest reply

OK maybe not such a good idea.     

I have another idea!  How about we bring back letting customers send  you a paper check via snail mail?   😉

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 42 of 56
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

I have another idea!  How about we bring back letting customers send  you a paper check via snail mail?   😉

But look at the great discussion we all had about this. Never be afraid to throw out ideas ... that is how problems are solved.

Message 43 of 56
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Or  better yet, cash in the mail. 😁

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 44 of 56
latest reply

I think a buyer should should exercise due diligence and check a sellers feedback and decide for themselves whether any negatives or neutrals have any merit and also look at the seller's responses. When buying, I will not avoid sellers unless there is a pattern of abuse revealed or if their responses to legitimate concerns are hostile or abusive.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 45 of 56
latest reply