cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop airlines

Received this message on item purchased. Saw some messages on this site with issues to this address so i cancelled the order. Just wondering if others have had issues lately.

IMG_7987.jpeg

IMG_7988.jpeg

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Re: Shop airlines

Please, folks, remember that a seller who is not acquainted with firms that represent overseas buyers may feel confused and blind-sided by these requests.  There are so many scams (real and imagined) and their hard-earned money is on the line, not to mention eBay's byzantine rules, that there will be some questions. We've all been selling for years, perhaps they may not have. Be kind and skip the gotchas.

@ch2169  When stuff like this comes up, ask here first - someone will have run into the situation and can be of help. Hopefully you can retrieve this sale!

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 65
latest reply

I had issue with reshipper in delaware so panicked

Message 17 of 65
latest reply

Shipped there for years... maybe over a decade. Never an issue

Message 18 of 65
latest reply

Take @chapeau-noir 's good advice:  Contact them, with an apology, saying that you cancelled in error and would be pleased to complete the sale, if possible.   Even if they decline this time, it might make for future sales.

-

Message 19 of 65
latest reply

They are  a long time customer. No problems with them at all!

Yes. their customers are international. However, they only ask the US sellers to ship to warehouse locations across the USA. You already do most of the things that they request....tracking number and they add the item number to their shipping address. The rest isn't a requirement. 

Message 20 of 65
latest reply

That is their STANDARD Message after they purchase an item from you. They purchase about one item per month from me and have for over 8 years. AWESOME Company to do business with. They have buyers from overseas who use their site to purchase your items. 

Message 21 of 65
latest reply

Shipped to them many times. I follow their instructions and print and paste the item number on the box and send them the tracking. No problem at all with them. 

Message 22 of 65
latest reply

You didn't panic, you followed your instincts.  Always do what's best for you.  These are the facts:  you're on the hook for the items ssnt through these re-shippers, and no matter how good they're, you'll be the one left holding the bag.

Ebay's policy regarding re-shippers is this: unless the buyer admits in writing that they used a re-shipper or freight forwarder, you'll be liable should problems arise...and they will.   End of story.

So, you didn't shoot yourself in the foot.  You remained steadfast. 

Message 23 of 65
latest reply

@ch2169 wrote:

So are they a reshipper? A lot of posts on here that tracking shows delivered and they are claiming they did not receive. Also posts that items were damaged or... 

Please remember that the only people who post here condemning freight forwarders are sellers who encounter problems; often, frankly, of their own making.

Most of us have dealt with freight forwarders for years and consider them the second safest destination to ship to, with only a USPS post office box being better.  They make international sales a breeze, with no worries about customs paperwork, delays due to quirky foreign postal systems, etc.

-

Message 24 of 65
latest reply

If you use and print EBAY labels the ITEM NUMBER is also included on the label. FYI

Message 25 of 65
latest reply

I'm assuming you don't ship international.  Stick with that.  As I stated above, in Ebay's eyes, you're shipping overseas, in regards to Ebay's money back guarantee.  

Here's an easy scenario:  if the package is crushed on the way to the buyer do you believe the buyer will admit in writing that they used a freight forwarder?  Not likely.  

Stick with your convictions and your business policies, no need to apoIogize for being well grounded. 

Message 26 of 65
latest reply

@ch2169 

You are posting about one of my customers.

They are not scammers. They've bought from me a few times in the past 10 years.

C.

Message 27 of 65
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

That is their STANDARD Message after they purchase an item from you. They purchase about one item per month from me and have for over 8 years. AWESOME Company to do business with. They have buyers from overseas who use their site to purchase your items. 

I recognized the lingo in the message, so I searched my email... they bought a a few coins from me, but it was a little while back.

C.

Message 28 of 65
latest reply

Shop Airlines is a great buyer. You will have no problems with them.

Message 29 of 65
latest reply

I love this company.  Frankly, there are at least 5 of them with that name and a #.   The buyers register with them and when they buy, it's Shop X that actually pays you.  They request that you put the item # on the outside of the box.  No biggie.   They receive the item, notify the buyer and then they will forward it to them.

If I recall correctly,  japanese items use this service.  They get to see the actual ads in Japanese.   They are actually paying more for the item since they need to pay a fee to this company.  I have had at least 15 transactions with this company.   They are big to have multiple account with Ebay.  They have thousands of feedbacks.   They also send a very polite email once the buyer has received the item and they are happy with it.

Message 30 of 65
latest reply