cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping times and feedback

Hey everyone, 

I havent run into this in a long while and was wondering if my neutral feedback violates anything.  I have a 3 day shipping and the coins were delivered in 7 Days.  The buyer got everything on time.  I know I should leave it alone but I commented.  Nothing negative.  Regardless, did this buyer do anything wrong with the feedback if shipping went off exactly as it should and the buyer got his widget in the time allotted.  It just irritates me for some reason. 
Many thanks for listening to my rant.

Chris

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

It is possible if the tracking shows that the item was delivered within the ETA stated on the purchase for the buyer, that Ebay may remove it.  I'm unsure, Ebay recently tightened up on what they will remove and I don't know if they view neutrals the same as they would a negative.  But I'd contact them, have the information handy so you can give it to them.  The worse they can say is no.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thanks for the info, I think the response just irritated me.  I followed eBays policy and got the neutral.  I believe I am old school in my thinking at I remember when shipping used to take 6 to 8 weeks.  I will probably just let it go as once it is off the front page no one cares.  Even if someone cared and they saw it they would probably just ignore it.  I do appreciate the help

Chris

Wherever you go, there you are. Please remember, when you are asked if you are a god, you say yes.
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

FB is not supposed to be about shipping speed unless the seller was slow getting it to the PO.

eBay doesnt remove Neutral FB.

Had this been a Negative you could have had it removed.

It doesnt affect your ratings like a negative FB would, I would add the buyer to my BBL and try to not worry about it.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

My response as well.  It just irritated me

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@mikeystoyz wrote:

My response as well.  It just irritated me

Have you contacted Ebay to see if you can get it removed?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I've had this once or twice on another of my accounts. Once I asked the buyer why the neutral and they said unless there was something outstanding, they give every ordinary order that goes smoothly a neutral. Some people! I just moved on and kept selling and they fade into the distance. Some 25 years ago I got a negative and the buyer actually posted a link to a webpage they created to complain about the order, but it was their error and obvious to anyone who looked at it. Sigh.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Ebay has removed all my neutrals.

The feedback removal tool even says negative and neutral feedback.

I'm not sure why you think eBay doesn't remove neutral feedback.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Block the buyer...Leave no feedback.

Imagine this buyer waiting at his mailbox for so many days waiting for a coin? LOL

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

"Regardless, did this buyer do anything wrong with the feedback if shipping went off exactly as it should and the buyer got his widget in the time allotted."

No, the buyer didn't do anything wrong by leaving neutral feedback.  Buyers can leave neutral feedback for any reason or no reason.  It's their birthday and it's raining:  Neutral.   Sprained an ankle:  Neutral.  

"It just irritates me for some reason."

Of course it's irritating.  Neutrals are always irritating, especially when the seller believes  knows  he/she didn't do anything that was against eBay's policies or the seller's own terms, such as handling time.  

My selling ID's only neutral happened to be when I was selling a 1975 U.S. Proof Set from my deceased brother's modest coin collection, interestingly enough, since the OP's situation also involved a coin.

The buyer's neutral was that, although my pictures were exactly what he received, neither the dollar coin, the 50-cent coin, or the 25-cent coin showed the year as "1975."   Like he was suggesting that either I or my brother had somehow opened a sealed container, replaced those coins with ones that showed the year as "1776-1976", and again somehow miraculously, magically, resealed the plastic capsule/case to its original  Mint condition.  

I pointed out in my response to the neutral the FACT that the US Mint did not make ANY dollar or half-dollar or quarter-dollar coins that are marked only "1975."  The Mint wanted to get a head start on bicentennial observations, and marked all their Eisenhower dollar coins, Kennedy half-dollars, and Washington quarters with "1776-1976." 

I fumed for several hours, then blocked him so he can never darken my door ever again.  
Hang in there, Chris!  

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Yeah. The guy is getting a special invite to my blocked list

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@mikeystoyz wrote:

Hey everyone, 

I havent run into this in a long while and was wondering if my neutral feedback violates anything.  I have a 3 day shipping and the coins were delivered in 7 Days.  The buyer got everything on time.  I know I should leave it alone but I commented.  Nothing negative.  Regardless, did this buyer do anything wrong with the feedback if shipping went off exactly as it should and the buyer got his widget in the time allotted.  It just irritates me for some reason. 
Many thanks for listening to my rant.

Chris

Fight it, You should win. You might have to go to FB to talk to eBay to get someone who understands. If you shipped within your handling time, and/or they got it within the expected time, then the comment should be removable.

I had a bozo leave me a neg because he didn't get his coin 4 days after he bought it. I pointed out to eBay (with the automatic removal tool) that of course he didn't get it, there's 10 days handling, I shipped in 2 days, it takes time for packages to be delivered. They immediately removed it.

Best of luck.

C.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@mikeystoyz wrote:

Thanks for the info, I think the response just irritated me.  I followed eBays policy and got the neutral.  I believe I am old school in my thinking at I remember when shipping used to take 6 to 8 weeks.  I will probably just let it go as once it is off the front page no one cares.  Even if someone cared and they saw it they would probably just ignore it.  I do appreciate the help

Chris

Don't let it go, fight every single one until you run out of options and people who will entertain your request.

Getting a neutral or neg (especially since most have been for stupid things) really irritates me, so I fight every one. If I deserve the FB I do my best to work with the buyer to get them to change it. But on anything that's not reasonable, I fight them.

C.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@klhmdg wrote:

eBay doesnt remove Neutral FB.

Had this been a Negative you could have had it removed.

I've had neutral feedback removed before.

Kind of recently, within the lest few months.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

OP, I recently had a buyer leave a positive feedback and commented "great, but late shipping".

Buyer purchased on a Friday of Labor Day weekend, shipped on Monday (Labor Day) which is prior to the next business day (Tuesday) and wasnt going anywhere til Tuesday ... and it was delivered Wednesday. Literally shipped prior to the next business day (not slow) and delivered within 2 business days of the purchase, literally delivered within like 24 working hours of the USPS. 

Sometimes Buyers Suck. Sometimes Buyers are Unreasonable.

Don't take it personally. Thankfully most buyers are understanding of USPS shipping delays. I ship next day typically but I've seen some week long delays. Most buyers get it. Don't let the PITAs bring you down.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply