cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping information in the title

Hello, 

i have seen sellers including “same day shipping”, “fast delivery”, “3 day delivery” in the title. Is it allowed by ebay? 
I want to include but not sure if it is not against ebay guidelines. 

thanks 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes it is allowed, but a big waste of valuable space better spent on keywords.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

As a seller, I don't want to set myself up for NAD claims by stating same day shipping in a listing title since my local USPS is closed on Sunday or I miss the USPS noon closing time on Saturday.

I would never put "fast delivery" or "3 day delivery" in my title. The buyer's idea of fast delivery might mean the next day to them.  NAD or INR if the carrier doesn't deliver the item in the 3 days as promised.

And who really has total control over when an item will be delivered? We ship when we say we will and hope the item arrives when eBay, USPS, UPS or Fed-Ex told the buyer it would.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Never - EVER - promise what you can't guarantee to deliver.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Empty space is worth more than useless words which obscure what you are selling.

So many sellers screw up by assuming buyers are going to actually see the impression of their listing on the search and read those words.

Contrary to some seller's belief, few buyers take the time to browse the site. They look at the first couple of pages of search results at best and the closest match to the buyer's search often helps you.

This is not ETSY where sellers spend half their lives adding and tweaking product names and keywords.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

It's allowed, but it's worth mentioning that I was told (not sure how true it was) that terms like Free Shipping and similar can get you delisted or deprioritized in Google Searches, which can be a valuable way of getting eyes on your items, so for that reason alone we've avoided those words.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@alpe-9099 

Yes it's allowed.  What ever way you can catch a sale within the guidelines you need to use it.  Definitely worth mentioning if you plan to go that route.

Happy Selling

Message 7 of 7
latest reply