cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending offers to potential buyers! Does it actually work for you?

• Recently I have been able to send offers to watchers from the app. This has actually been quite effective in making sales. I usually stay at the minimum 5% off. Has this worked for others? 
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

It's working for me. I'm not sure the discount matters as much as giving the potential buyer a gentle reminder that he had an interest.
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@untitledrecords wrote:
  • Recently I have been able to send offers to watchers from the app. This has actually been quite effective in making sales. I usually stay at the minimum 5% off. Has this worked for others? 

No. I've sent numerous offers and not one sale. 

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Not working for me. I've sent a dozen offers 20% off with no response or sales. Since my prices are already 50-70% off the retail tag, I am at a loss as to what else to do.

Glad it is working for some. Keep them sales going !

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

a few but I some times wonder if best offer actually turns off the buying reflex or impulse buy. That being said, I was thinking of removing them but have sold many things where no one bothered to send a bo and they pay the full price. I sent 10 offers to watchers and got a sale. The fact of the matter is I would have sold many things for next to nothing but never had to. Some things got ridiculous low offers I had to decline them, like 5 dollars for a 80 dollar item that routinely sells for 125, this is dumb but people try it all the time, is ok
Message 5 of 21
latest reply

My prices are already about 20% off retail, but I sent offers of 10-20% lower, and so far no takers.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Nope. 
Didn't work for me. 

Also haven't got offers on items that I have best offers option on. Not even lowball offers.
Crickets. Crickets everywhere.
😿

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

No. Not really. I thought it would. But, sadly. no. 

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I was watching an item priced at £12.99 BIN.

Seller sent an offer for £12.49. Smiley Indifferent

Seriously, if sellers are going to send offers they need to make offers more tempting than that.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Hasn't worked for me as a seller but it's clearly working for some because ibe accepted enough of them ha.  I've received about 8 and accepted like 6.  

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

Not really. Only 1 sale...... using it about 20 times on multiple items and dropping prices about 20%.

I think it might depend on several things - category, purpose/urgency of the need for the item, and the individual seller's average price point (for those of us with closer to market prices, I think we attract more watching sellers to see if it sells).

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Another thought: I don't GENERALLY worry that it bothers potential buyers UNTIL another opportunity comes around. I worry whether anyone gets SUBSEQUENT offers. I wish we had some way of:

1. Knowing who had received offers and not re-sending. Which watchers are new?

2. A true "Manage Offers" feature, so we could send increasing lower offers to specific watchers.

It would take some coding, but anonymity could still be preserved.

As the feature exists, it's stabbing in the dark. It's kind of a sloppy, beat a dead horse with a stick, approach.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Sometimes. We do it in slow days and here and there we get customers to bite.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Just offer at a great price to begin with.  No, I don't like to be emailed with an offer.  I usually delete on watched list.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

I run through my watchers list at least once a day. I send them every time I get the chance. You can’t catch a fish without a hook.

J

Message 15 of 21
latest reply