cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Offers To Zero Watchers?

Hi everyone!  I have watchers on my listings, and some with 0 watchers.  But the option is there to send offers to some of the listings with 0 watchers.  Who am I sending an offer to?  Did they just view the listing or something?  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

I think it might also apply to those who have the item in their cart, even if they aren't 'Watching' the item.

rosszonebricks_0-1713184278203.png

I'm curious, if you go to the item with no watchers, but 'send offer' is active, does it show similar to the above?

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I don't know, I never did it before.  I will try it now and tell you what it looks like. 

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

This has been happening quite frequently for the past month. Daily we get a send offer request and it will show 0 watchers. We are assuming that it is a new glitch that has to be fixed. It is odd, usually you have at least 1 or 2 watchers.

Have a great week.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Okay, I just tried it on one with 0 watchers.  It said "2 interested buyers will receive your offer"  But it didn't say anything about the shopping cart. 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@victorianlace22 

It's another new (somewhat) lame feature that eBay introduced a while back.  It makes no sense to send an offer to no one.  Not only that, when you try to send an offer, a little pop up message appears and states you can't send an offer as there are no watchers on this item.  Go figure, huh?  It's confusing and not to mention pointless.  

Happy Selling

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I have received offers on an item a only looked at once. Yet, I don't get offers on every item I look at once. It's a thing, maybe not completely ready for prime-time.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@victorianlace22 wrote:

Hi everyone!  I have watchers on my listings, and some with 0 watchers.  But the option is there to send offers to some of the listings with 0 watchers.  Who am I sending an offer to?  Did they just view the listing or something?  Thanks! 

I believe the term eBay uses for sending offers is "interested buyers", not "watchers".

That is because eBay may send offers to a buyer who has your item in their cart or have viewed your  item (or similar items) multiple times - even if they have not watched it.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

I have had the option to send offers to listings with zero watchers for many years.  I doubt it is a glitch.  I think Ebay allows to send offers to those who visited but are not "watching" the listing.  When I am trying to find comp prices for a new listing I often get offers from the sellers of those items.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I'm not sure it's a glitch.  Because sometimes I get offers on things that I didn't put on my watch list.  I wondered if that was the same as this-that you can send offers to people who just viewed something. 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Mine didn't say that.  I just tried it with one that said 0 watchers.  It said that I was sending offers to 2 interested people.  It went through fine. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Same here!  I look at something and get an offer.  But not all the time.  Maybe because some buyers are sending offers on the 0 watchers and some aren't? 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@victorianlace22 wrote:

Same here!  I look at something and get an offer.  But not all the time.  Maybe because some buyers are sending offers on the 0 watchers and some aren't? 

There are several factors that affect whether a buyer will get an offer.

First, the seller has to choose to make the offer. This can either be done manually, or it can be set up to happen automatically.

Second, eBay limits the total number of offers that a buyer receives from all sellers so that they are not inundated with offers to the point where they leave the site. Because an offer from a seller to an interested buyer is essentially spam - an unsolicited commercial advertisement.

Third, eBay only allows one offer per item per watcher. So if a seller sends an offer to a buyer for an item and the offer expires, the seller cannot send a second offer to that same buyer for the same listing.

Fourth, buyers can opt out of receiving offers from sellers altogether. That is why you can have a new watcher but the listing says there is no one to send an offer to.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Just send your offer nothing to be afraid of. Good luck!

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

That means those buyers either placed the items in their cart or looked at it several times. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply