cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling limits?

Stupid question and I apologize, I don't sell much it's a side business to fund my small animal rescue, my question is I accepted the 3 month offer for $5.00 for store for 3 months, it says it offers 250  items I can list, BUT my question is I can still only list 120? I did the store to list more but it apparently wasn't the right choice or I'm doing something wrong. In just quick layman's terms does anyone know why? Thank you so much, like I said, don't mean to sound stupid so please be kind.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Selling limits?

When you have selling limits, getting an eBay store won't change them. If you have sold enough in the past, call eBay and ask if they would be willing to increase your limits

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@craigscountry wrote:

Stupid question and I apologize, I don't sell much it's a side business to fund my small animal rescue, my question is I accepted the 3 month offer for $5.00 for store for 3 months, it says it offers 250  items I can list, BUT my question is I can still only list 120? I did the store to list more but it apparently wasn't the right choice or I'm doing something wrong. In just quick layman's terms does anyone know why? Thank you so much, like I said, don't mean to sound stupid so please be kind.

GOTCHA!!!

An extra fiver a month for eBay, no soup for you.

Craig, this post isn't meant to belittle you. It's meant to belittle eBay for constantly presenting things as if they have some benefit to their customers when they really only benefit eBay.

This is a textbook example.

If this were my venue someone would get fired for this. 

Anyone doing animal rescue work is OK in my book. Too bad eBay thinks of you as prey.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

@craigscountry wrote:

It's pretty simple to fix. Just call eBay an ask for your selling limits to be increased to 500 listings. Here's the phone link to the selling limits dept.

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cuihdt?from_ocs=1&dtselfservice=true&segmentId=19999&query=Selling+limi...

You can request an increase every 30 days.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Not a stupid question at all, but one that surfaces on the Boards regularly.

Every seller has limits and getting a store does not increase those limits, so in many cases, that means a store will not be a good fit for you at that time.

Sometimes new sellers jump right into a store when they have not sold anything or know how the process works, let alone what their limits are.  Those limits are not increased until the seller establishes a history of successfully completed transactions.

You can check your selling limits in your Seller Dashboard.  Then decide if the store is for you and call eBay about it.  

Best to you!

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Opening an eBay store does not Increase your seller limits. eBay needs to tell members this when they seek to open a store but Greed prevents this. You can always call them to ask for an Increase in limits, but this is the dog days of summer and IMO is this worse time of year to open a store, $5 a month or not. Good Luck to you.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

As you've learned, selling limits are not related to free insertions with a store.  They should make it more clear.

Even if you received a 5,000 listing promo, you could only list 120.

But since you're locked in, might as well make the most of it.  List some of your items a few times a month.  It will increase your exposure for those using "Ending Soonest" or "Newly Listed"

A 30 day listing only gets exposure to those searches a total of 2 times  A 10 day listing x 3 in a month gets exposure 6 times.

You're selling a lot of 'wants' and not 'needs' so putting it in front of your customers more often might work better for sales.  Think of impulse buys at the grocery store.  I might just pick up the candy bar if it's in my face, but I try to avoid the candy aisle otherwise.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

This is the best answer and I now understand, it is very uncool because I read as thoroughly as I could and I did not see anything telling me any different that I wasn't going to be able to raise my limit, I thought that was the benefit of having a store, you are right, I don't need a store. Thank you so much.
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I know you are right, about calling, but calling and trying to do anything through the phone is like going to the dentist, painful and mentally costly! Thank you for answering!
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Awww, thank you, yes every penny goes to our rescue, but when it's only going to ebay it's not very helpful, lol, thanks for answering and no hurt feelings, I want honesty and you were very helpful!
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

You're Welcome. Happy Holiday and Good Luck to you. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@craigscountry wrote:
Awww, thank you, yes every penny goes to our rescue, but when it's only going to ebay it's not very helpful, lol, thanks for answering and no hurt feelings, I want honesty and you were very helpful!

Would you mind private messaging me some info about your operation? Thanks!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@craigscountry I do not know if you "need" a store or not but depending on how much you list and sell it could be quite cost effective to have one.  Regarding selling limits -- not long after I opened my store about 2 years ago and I called to have the limits raised and they did so immediately, no problems.  Then a few months later they raised them again.  Now I have such a high threshold that I will never, ever exceed them monthly.  

I wish I had some extra $ to donate to your rescue group,  You are doing a very kind service to these displaced animals by getting them placed in forever homes.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

I think I will call, I have alot to sell, just weird stuff but seems to sell, ya never know! We do this because we want to save these animals and we live in a dumping ground area because we are on the outskirts of town, behind us is meadows and cows! But thank you so much, I'd rather put my soul into it than beg, lol, thanks again!

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Adopting a pet from a rescue group is the only way to get a pet in my opinion and it takes people like you in the background making it all possible.  Kudos.

By the way, do you know you can make categories in your store which will make it easier for shoppers to navigate and find what they are looking.  For example, you could make a holiday category and stoare all the pplicable listings there, a kitchen one, a book one, etc.  Click on the "manage store" button to make categories (which are like folders).

Good Luck!

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 15 of 15
latest reply